Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Shut off 3G data roaming on N97?

Counsellor

Shut off 3G data roaming on N97?

Ill be travelling soon, and i dont want to use any 3g Data roaming to reduce the costs.

Anyone know how to completly switch off this on the N97?

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Shut off 3G data roaming on N97?

[ Edited ]

I don't think there is a way to differentiate between 3G data and EDGE or GPRS data but try this:

Go to Settings > Connectivity > Destinations > Internet

Select your provider's connection setting, then Option > Edit

Scroll down to the last item "Use access point" and toggle to "After confirmation" rather an "Automatically."

That way, every time your phone tries to connect, it will ask you first and you can say "No" or "Yes" if you feel it is worth the expense.

You might want to do the same for the "WAP" and "Multimedia" destinations as well.

Some applications have a setting that prevents access when roaming but unfortunately, not all apps, so the above way is one method to "catch all" connections.

Then when you come home, you can just go back and change it back to "Automatically" and you're back to seamless use. 

Message Edited by mouserider on 24-Aug-2009 08:59 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

go to settings - connectivity- select network - the first one on the list and select it from dual mode to gsm mode only. that will set your phone to non 3g reception only
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dazheathcote

Also turn off your active desktop otherwise it will constantly ask you to connect.
Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

Why there can not be same kind a switch like in iPhone. Just click one switch to off and iOS does the rest.

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rpospisi

Try Roaming Guard to prevent an unpredictable access to data in roaming.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dang_Oanh

just go go setting, connectivity, destination and delete your access point from internet, multimedia and wap service find the name of your network provider. you can get them back by using sett. wizard you will find this app somewhere in the application in your phone
Please use plain text.