Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sim card registration failed.

Advisor

Sim card registration failed.

I was talking on my nokia 5800 last night, finished the call, the phone went BEEP and the SIM card registration failed, tried it in various old phones and it says the same, i gather the sim card in faulty?

cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Sim card registration failed.

[ Edited ]
If the same problem occurs with multiple handsets housing the same SIM then yes, the chances are that it's the SIM that's faulty, provided all the other handsets can use that SIM anyway (ie. they're not SIM-locked or the network they're locked to is the one that provided the SIM).
Message Edited by grschinon on 11-Mar-2009 12:12 PM

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've had it in my old nokia 8600, towards the last few months it started saying sim card registration failed or showing no signal. i tried the sim card in a motorola phone, same message, these phones all have the same netwrok (orange). other netwrok sim cards work in my phone and the other phones, just to check to see if the phone was at fault.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

Either the sim card is damaged or your mobile service provider has blocked or terminated the service for you. Call your service provider and first check if all is OK from their end.

If all is fine, then you need to have your sim replaced.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geoffmawdsley

Re: brand new Sim card registration failed.

hi, just set my new N8, put sim in and this message came up.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: brand new Sim card registration failed.

[ Edited ]

Remove the SIM, Clean the contacts and put it again.. If you get the same message.. get the SIM replaced...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.