Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Simple solution to Ovi Store problem after Har...

Sage
lanita
Accepted Solution

Simple solution to Ovi Store problem after Hard Reset

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I was confronted with a problem that many of you may be experiencing, the loss of the Ovi store and Qt after a hard reset to the phone (in my case Nokia N8).

After searching the web, I discovered a post on a blog that solved my problem.

Hope it helps you lot too!

All you have to do, is download the app from the link below, and install it.

http://nokia.trac.wordpress.org/export/772/builds/symbian/WordPress_Beta_0_8_6_selfsigned_installer....

Afterwards, just press the Ovi store icon, download/install the Ovi store app as requested and restart the phone.

Voilá!

The Ovi store and Qt based apps are working again!

Hope this post is useful to everyone that has the same problem I had.

If you found this post helpful, please click the green button. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
blue_beam

Re: Simple solution to Ovi Store problem after Hard Reset

Thanks a lot it was a very simple solution for a massive problem. Thanks millions

Please use plain text.
Sage
lanita

I'm glad I could help :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lucas123

Unfortunatly this did not work for me. I do not have the store just a ? on my phone. I went to the URL for the store and it downloaded and started to install then flashes up Unable to Install.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lanita

lucas123 wrote:

Unfortunatly this did not work for me. I do not have the store just a ? on my phone. I went to the URL for the store and it downloaded and started to install then flashes up Unable to Install.

Did you do a 3 fingers hard reset, or just the one through the menu?

It seems that the 3 fingers hard reset is a bit more "hard" on the phone than the one through the menus...

Doing the hard reset through the menus, deletes the data on your phone and restores it to factory settings...

I guess that after this one, it is easier to get Ovi store back (even though it took me a long time to find a suitable solution).

I've done the menu hard reset twice now, to solve a camera problem on my N8, and I was able to get Ovi store, as well as Qt functionality, back to my phone on both times using this simple method.

I'm sorry to hear it did not work for you...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Simple solution to Ovi Store problem after soft reset on a S^3 device

[ Edited ]

The three finger reset is the hard reset. The reset found in the menues or by dialling *#7370# is not a hard reset.

The only solution known atm for those who have done the real hard reset is to take their phones to a Nokia care point.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

[ Edited ]

I am running in PR1.0 the method erase all data and restore back to factory default in MENU cannot bring back Ovi Store function after this hard reset.  The only way is going to Nokia Service Centre to flash the OS together install back those Qt application:smileysurprised:.

There are posts mention PR1.1 may restore back Ovi Store if follows uninstalling Bubble and installing Qt downgrade instruction.  I have never tried this what so called solution.

Just wonder Nokia should understand hard reset is an option for N8 to restore the phone back to factory set, but why the phone cannot get Ovi Store back to work?

There are plenty posts mentioning this problem after hard reset, but only very limited post from Nokia officially stated N8 user SHOULD NOT hard reset but to have the problemed phone back to Nokia Service Centre to flash back the OS.  It is not what a smart phone now can be found like N8. :smileysad::smileysurprised:

angler
Please use plain text.
shazanN8

the problem is nokia care point is unable to fix it...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I tried the different things as the bubbles install uninstall and tried installing QT in different versions from both QT SDK and Nokia QT SDK.

I did the hard reset on my E7 and nothing worked.

The only option I had was to take it to a Nokia care point for them to reflash the whole firmware + needed software on to it, which I did and they fixed it. My E7 is now back to normal running Ovi store again.

As I've heard, Nokia is working on this problem and it will hopefully be a fix released with a new firmware version.

Meanwhile the hard reset should only be done as a last resort when the phone won't boot.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
tigeramf

I was able to recover my ovi store after hard reset with buttons on my N8

I think nokia fixed it last night with an update from ovi store,

first i had done hard button reset, and wasn't able to install ovi store on that point. 

after this ->

I formatted my mass memory with the file manager in the phone.

after that i hard reset my n8 with *#7370# 

after reboot i went to ' software updates ' in menu and there was ovi store in the list. 

Checked checkbox and installed ovi without any problem after that. 

Hope it works for you all. 

Please use plain text.
zilloy

on my C7 the problem still remains...... i have hat a 3 finger hard reset, after i go to suftware updates, do this wit ovi, but the phone runs instable, went off after 3 minutes every time..... i do a second hard reset, the phone resets to the new microcode 13..... but no ovi shop.... in the update area no ovi shop update available ....... no chance..... :-(

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VictorR

Thank you! After almost 15 hours of brainstorming and webstorming, your solution was the simplest and the more effective to help restore my N8 to its previous working condition. (N8-00, RM-596, firmware PR1.1). The original firmware reflash wasn't an option to me, since I live in venezuela and Care Centers are  somewhat scarse...

Thanks again

Victor

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vankfire

Easy thing to do and worked. thanks Lanita.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

As stated by tigeramf above, there's a new Ovi Store client available as a software update which can fix the problem if you have lost Ovi Store after the "3-finger" hard reset. Go to Menu > Applications > SW Update and install Ovi Store client if it's available in your updates.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lucas123

Unfortunatly it did not work for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vankfire

lucas123

Try this.

To fix my problem I installed the beta app from wordpress.

http://nokia.trac.wordpress.org/export/772/builds/symbian/WordPress_Beta_0_8_6_selfsigned_installer....

then I installed the ovistore 2.04.00041 and worked.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
carmentanja

please : i'm not an expert and i don't speak good english. Can you help me? What's the 3 finger hard raset?

I'm in Switzerland, my N8 don't do ovi store

tank'you for symply answer

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LaughingPanther

[ Edited ]

tigeramf wrote:

I was able to recover my ovi store after hard reset with buttons on my N8

I think nokia fixed it last night with an update from ovi store,

first i had done hard button reset, and wasn't able to install ovi store on that point. 

after this ->

I formatted my mass memory with the file manager in the phone.

after that i hard reset my n8 with *#7370# 

after reboot i went to ' software updates ' in menu and there was ovi store in the list. 

Checked checkbox and installed ovi without any problem after that. 

Hope it works for you all. 

@tigeramf

Oh my god, I have tried EVERYTHING ( installing and uninstalling many versions of qt, downgrading qt, installing qt via nokia qt sdk and many more) to get Ovi store back after the 3 finger hard reset and was close to chucking my N8 out of the effing window but then tried your solution and it actually worked so all I can say to you is thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sankeerth

hii.....i did *#7370# reset on my n8 ..n i lost ovi store.////.... n yes dis is working ..!! thanx a lot ..!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prvn717

Hi guys..

I had to do a factory settings restore on my N8 but i coud not open the ovi store or even install the new version.. I did try to instal the WordPress from the link which was given. also downloaded and installed the ovi store. but when restarted my phone and tried to open the ovi store, it shows the welcome screen but then crashes and it doesn't open at all... pls help me

Please use plain text.