Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Skype Not Installing On Nokia N82

Sage
Ngwangwa
Accepted Solution

Skype Not Installing On Nokia N82

Hi,

Skype is failing to install on Nokia N82. Recently Skype was not available in Nokia Store but now it is available but it is not installing. See attached.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tanayy

Re: Skype Not Installing On Nokia N82

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi Tanayy,

I solved it myself by going to Nokia Store after some few days and Skype installed without a problem. I think there was a problem with it some few days before but they rectified it. Skype is working perfectly for Nokia N82

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hey man, but its not working for me!...:/
Anything else you tried?
Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Yes but when are we to get video calling same as Android and i-Phone  that the main reason people use Skype

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi livethinme,

What i did was opening browser on my desktop and went to store.ovi.com and selected Nokia N82 as my phone and searched for skype then sent a download link to the phone via sms then upon receiving the sms, I opened the link and it opened on my phone's browser then after a short while Nokia Store launched and I closed Nokia Store and downloaded skype using the page that has loaded on the phone's browser and after installation, skype is working well.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Briant566 wrote:

Yes but when are we to get video calling same as Android and i-Phone  that the main reason people use Skype

Ask Skype. I seriously doubt that there will be future development for Symbian after M$ acquired Skype and Nokia has gone with WP as their smartphone platform.

Please use plain text.