Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Skype on Nokia 808

Registered Member
snowwolf1997

Skype on Nokia 808

I haven't use symbiam for sometime and wish to purchase 808. I think it is one of the most advance phone out the market. However, one important thing do concern me is skype since skype is one of my major communication platform and I treat it as a replacement of the sms client.

Is there any 808 users who have installed skype on their phone? Is it stable and easy to use? If do please kindly make some comments on your personal experience of Skype with 808.

Professor
Ngwangwa

Re: Skype on Nokia 808

[ Edited ]

Hi snowwolf1997,

Concerning your question about Skype on Nokia 808 Pureview, Skype so far is not yet available through official means i.e Nokia Store and Skype's official website. That all I can say for now

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Sage
Briant566

Just one more Nail in the coffin
If you can not gets the Apps then they will go to Android or Apple
Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Counsellor
tf_translate

Hi,

Skype for 808 is not available on Ovi Store, but you can manually get the version for N8 and install it on the 808 and it will work. There is a ready-made installer for the 808 on the internet, but the site where it is hosted also contains a lot of product piracy as well so I won't give a link here. Try something like +nokia +skype +808 +club on google and you should find it. It works absolutely fine.

My only explanation is that Skype asked money for supporting 808 and Nokia did not want to pay, or vice versa, so they removed it from Ovi due to licensing issues despite its currently being in a working state. What a shame. Nokia should reconsider their move, otherwise all users will end up on that piracy site in the end.

Regards,

Tobias

www.tf-translate.net
www.deutscheschule.kiev.ua
Registered Member
asstronaut

yes.. i have skype installed on my 808. version 2+ if im not mistaken.. there is no bug.. VoIP is good..