Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Software Update Nokia X6?

Counsellor
Islander95

Software Update Nokia X6?

Hello! I'm using a Nokia X6 16GB with software version 31.0.004 and I have seen so many talks more updates for X6 and now its even V40. Can you guys tell me how those updates works and how it is made available to different countries? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

updates vary by product code and region.

v40 has been released about a month ago.

if you have a network locked device, the operator must first approve the update before you get it.

just wait and keep checking with *#0000# or Nokia Suite.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Islander95

Is it the official distributor of Nokia who has to aprove it or the network provider that I'm subscribed to?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

no, only the network provider, for example Vodafone.

shops have nothing to do with it.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

pavilion_alex wrote:
no, only the network provider, for example Vodafone.

shops have nothing to do with it.

Just to clarify, this holds true ONLY if the phone is Network locked (i.e. you bought it from the Network provider along with a SIM and not from a Nokia authorised shop).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trues

ust wait and keep checking with Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

Also worth noting: There is no guarantee that the latest firmware will be available to you even if you have a Nokia firmware unbranded handset.

E.g. The strange situation in the UK is that some network branded handsets get firmware updates before the plain Nokia units.

It's all down to the luck of the draw with your Product Code number.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abakash9

cant i get the custom version on websites or anyother way.
I know that wud be stupid to ask since nokia or other retailers are not fool to upload their firmware to open but still .. if there s will there s a way.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abakash9

talking about the custom version i dont want to flash my phone as i have already done and dont want to see the result again. .
Please use plain text.
honda837

Hello 

I have X6 16G but my software version is 21.0.004 and my ovi suite told me that there is no newer virsion to update , so what's the problem here?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

honda837 wrote:

Hello 

I have X6 16G but my software version is 21.0.004 and my ovi suite told me that there is no newer virsion to update , so what's the problem here?

Refer the post by pavilion_alex above (Post. No.2)

Please use plain text.
honda837

ok mr.Farby but i am using wi fi network not an operator.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Still the post by pavilion_alex holds good.. (Think you have not read the 2nd Message..but the one down under..)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Islander95

Well in my country there is one internet service provider (Mauritius Telecom)and two mobile network operators (Emtel & Orange). Is it the internet service provider, Telecom, or the network operators that choose to make the updates available? If its the network operators, is it possible by chance that an operator in my country has the update available but not other one?

Please use plain text.
Professor

When you start up your phone, what is the splash screen (ie animation that plays before you get to your homescreen etc) ?
It will be the network provider (Vodafone Orange Emtel etc, whoever you bought the phone from).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Islander95

Actually I bought it off E-bay but it came with a sticker with an Orange Promotional sticker on it. But when I start the phone, it's just the plain NOKIA that shows up.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

sounds like its generic then
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abakash9

@metalfan
in some nations like india and others the telecom service doesnt sell cell phones but just the simcard, u have to buy the phone from the dealer or form some tech shops. I would prefer your way though and u have sprint,verzion,at&t but in india we have orange,vodafone,airtel,virgin and others .
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Islander95

generic?

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

unbranded
Please use plain text.