Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Software update app

Software update app

I have recently deleted some data from my n97 mini in order to fix memory issues.  Whilst doing this I may have inadvertantly deleted files from the software update app on my phone.  I can no longer access this app on my phone even though the widget is still there.  I am aware I can still use the PC but I would like to do small updates over the air.  Does anyone know if I can reinstall this app (it does not appear on Nokia store) or do I just have to live with this? I am in Australia btw.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try re-installing the Firmware. Hope you get it back...

Please use plain text.

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have tried to reinstall software from Nokia suite (I am assuming this is what you mean by firmware).  I tried several times but update was unsuccessful and would disconnect for some reason (I did not do this) each time I tried.  Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

mlta71 wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have tried to reinstall software from Nokia suite (I am assuming this is what you mean by firmware).  I tried several times but update was unsuccessful and would disconnect for some reason (I did not do this) each time I tried.  Any other suggestions?

Hi mlta71,

As this must be frustrating to experience, you can try the following troubleshoot and see if your phone will update again.

Disconnect your phone from the computer and restart it. Then create a new user account on your computer, restart your computer, log on to it and try to connect your phone again.

"Please also note that during any Nokia updating process on Nokia Suite, you can expect the device to automatically disconnect. The reason for this is because the phone is reinstalling the drivers. So be patient with it and see if the phone reconnects after a while."

Hope this helps and you manage to update your device.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.