Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Sometimes my Nokia N8 becomes unresponsive & o...

Counsellor
ketanvc

Sometimes my Nokia N8 becomes unresponsive & other problems persist.

Hello, 

I have updated my OS to Sym Belle. After it I am facing this problem frequently. Sometimes, all the widgets and shortcuts become unresponsive on all home screen. Only hard-keys works. I also wait for more than 1 hour. But nothing works unless I reboot the phone. Also there are three Nokia Belle folders in my mass memory with same contents, than which two I can delete? Also the touch screen behaves in an sluggish manner.  As well as I want share one more thing is that there is no option in video player to decrease the volume  by touching, we must do it only by hard volume keys...

My C drive is almost 50 MB free and E (Mass Memory) is 9 GB free. Its a seven month old device.

Please free feel to ask for any other information if you want for solving this problem such as log files, which softwares I installed (I only download apps and songs from nokia ovi) etc.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Re: Sometimes my Nokia N8 becomes unresponsive & other problems persist.

@Skyee Please post me some suggestions...!!! Nobody gave answers , its been a long time I have posted my problem..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marbella

My Nokia N8 got also this "not responding" problem after Belle update. It took so much power that I had to charge it every day. After that I've been using it with Powersaving mode all the time. It's been a couple of mornings when power is still on but the screen is not responding at all and only hard-keys work. I've rebooted, but that frustrating..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pauli_p

Interesting phenomenon. My N8 Belle works smoothly. Must be some app somewhere or some localization setting making that happen. Try resetting phone to factory settings. Obviously take backup first (but not for settings). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY8-Ng0FFfs
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

And sorry for not responding earlier. As I'm not a technical expert,  I have now forwarded your case to our team and will come back once I have some information.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Thanks @Skyee.

Sorry for bothering you, I was not knowing your field. But hat's off for your tremendous support and response. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcinmgm

i have the same problem and maybe all of You (with this problem) will post here list of all apps, widgets and games... this could help to solve our problem.. if You think that posting list here is not good idea so kindly send me this on  my PM and i will make list with the same apps, games and maybe we can solve this 

thx 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

[ Edited ]

Using all six Home Screens with details as follow:

HS1: Analogue Clock+Favourite Contact Bar+Calendar+4 shortcuts

HS2: 13 shortcuts

HS3: Weather Forecast widget+Mail widget

HS4: FM Radio+Play via Radio+Music Player

HS5: Search+Profile+Map shortcut App+2 shortcuts

HS6: FB+Social+2 shortcuts

Apps that I never close are : What's App & F-Secure

Pls find the list of Apps/Games/Themes attached here with. (List don't include default apps that come with phone)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pamtro22

I am having the same issues.....my nokia will just freeze and restart. Sometimes the shortcuts do not work but they do work if I go to them from the menu. Recently my messages have been freezing and I cannot open a new message and have to restart the phone. The battery life is definitely less than the previous system even though I have turned off all applications and dimmed the brightness of the screen etc.

I really am getting frustrated and have no idea what to do at the moment. I have moved all my music and photographs to a memory card so to free up some phone memory. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcinmgm

[ Edited ]

i dont have 6 homescreens (3) and only calendar, fm radio, music player like You so i think its could be system problem... i wait for other lists,
ps many thanks for your answer [b]ketanvc[/b]

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

@Pamtro22: Same thing also happens with me. Not only in the case of messages but also in contacts. Awaiting the solution from Nokia Technical Member.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

APPS  [1] App Stop 28KB [2] Battery Monitor v3 479KB [3] Big Screen 2MB [4] Bluetooth Chat Zone 140KB [5] Call Recorder 568KB [6] CalQtlator 115KB [7] Camera Lover 33KB [8] Car Mode 3MB [9] Circle Launcher 164KB [10] Color Detector 1MB [11] Compass 876KB [12] Drop 837KB [13] Electronics 505KB [14] First Aid 5MB [15] F-Secure   [16] HS Note (homescreen) 609KB [17] Koza 8MB [18] Linked In 555KB [19] M Guard 1MB [20] Magnifier 1MB [21] MDScan Lite 846KB [22] Moodagent 1MB [23] Mosquito Hunter 2MB [24] Nokia VPN   [25] Ovi Blog 293KB [26] Panorama 498KB [27] PhotoFunia 776KB [28] Qcal Free 304KB [29] Quick Lock 16KB [30] RamInfo 83KB [31] Resistors 665KB [32] Rseven 1MB [33] Situations 237KB [34] Steps 464KB [35] Stopwatch 50KB [36] StudentPlanner 3MB [37] Swipe 5MB [38] SymDVR 595KB [39] Thumbnail Folder 94KB [40] Tudulis 65KB [41] Upcode 742KB [42] Whats App 6MB [43] Whats my IP 83KB  

WEB TV   [44] Aaj Tak 581KB [45] CNN Video 906KB [46] DailyMotion 643KB [47] E! 846KB [48] IAC 485KB [49] India Today 517KB [50] Mobile ESPN 1MB [51] Movie Teasers 616KB [52] Nat Geo 1MB [53] NG PhotoTips 4MB [54] YouTube 10KB  

GAMES   [55] Angry Birds 19MB [56] Galaxy On Fire 30MB [57] Incredible Circus 7MB [58] NFS HP Lite 1MB [59] NFS Run Lite 1MB [60] NFS Shift 82MB [61] Up 365KB  

THEMES   [1] Angry Birds  [2] Astro Blue 4MB [3] Banana Rugge  [4] Blue Abstract   [5] Blue Star   [6] Blurry Colors   [7] Colored Squares 9MB [8] Darl Illusion 7MB [9] Glows   [10] Green Vector   [11] iFiber_v3 2MB [12] Lumia Belle 5MB [13] Metro Revolution Mini  [14] Midnight Aqua [15] Nokia Evolve   [16] Neon of Lights 7MB [17] Oblique [18] POP  [19] Rays [20] Refresh Aqua  [21] Retro Woods Mini 5MB [22] Slight Windows 983KB [23] Symbian Phone Blue 4MB [24] symbIOS 2 6MB [25] Touch [26] Windos 7 lit [27] XPERIA

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

maybe u it have bug or something like that 

u should try to reinstall firmware or a hard reset

by doing this i solve my mobile problem u should try this tooo

please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcinmgm

Compare with You i have
Camera Lover Pack, Nokia Panorama, PhotoFunia,SymDVR ,and nokia evolve so i still think that is nokia issue, because those apps doesnt seems to be our problem...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

YA u r right i did not have that much of apps and it is nokia problem also.

but  u should try above things also or may be a soft reset will do the trick..... 

who knows !!!!

please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

[ Edited ]

Right now having patience. Awaiting the answer from Nokia technical expert. If they don't reply, I have the only way you suggested. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I m also having the same prblm .. done soft reset and reinstall .. once the soft keys become non responsive, it has to be restarted .. then only they work .. waiting for the solution to this..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Monti500

nokia please answer :/ obviously its a bug within the belle software on the n8, please answer asap and dont ignore this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcinmgm

maybe its problem with qt apps becouse last time i play some game written in qt and then phone stop responding and even restart dosent help, i had to turn off / on phone and then he work ok...

to all of You with this problem:

did You make hard reset before flashing or updating? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcinmgm

this problem happens to me again. homescreens was locked.... so i lock my phone and open task manager directly from list opened apps in ScreenLock FX v2.00 (becouse when i want to open task manager by holding menu key it's not working) then, i checked list all running processes and opened tasks and finally i terminated weatherpublisher.exe process and my phone started working ok, in tasks I delete weather app..and now i wait what happens...

Please use plain text.