Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Sometimes my Nokia N8 becomes unresponsive & o...

Advisor
marcinmgm

Re: Sometimes my Nokia N8 becomes unresponsive & other problems persist.

4 days and nothing happend... so i'm sure that the reason is weather app built in nokia maps...  after reebot i always close this app and problems gone...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
marcinmgm

hehe.. i just install nokia bubbles and problem back... so maybe its our answer or not... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Nokia Bubbles used to make my phone slower when I was using Symbian Anna too. So I have not installed it in my Belle. But where this Nokia guys are? Atleast some experts should add comments....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

@Skyee  Please tell the technical experts / advisors to help us. We are awaiting from many days. This thing makes us frustrating when we are doing work with the phone and it suddenly stops responding.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

We are still working on it. If you need help immediately, could you please check with a local Nokia Carepoint? Thanks!

Best regards,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Awaiting help from your team. I am from a small town, care-point will just suggest me to flash my device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
muttley_br

Same problem here... I thought it was because Nokia Bubbles or Nokia Sleeping Screen, but even without both, the problem appears. I unlock the phone and no widgets works, even touch menu and call. So I have to press hard menu, go back and then everything works fine...

Any response from Nokia?

.:: Nokia N8 ::.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wateratz

I had this issue on my N8, and I cleared out my Browser cache, restarted the phone, and even though the C:\ drive hovers around only 40MB, the phone runs fine and has not locked for weeks. I found that most lockups were occurring after leaving Maps/Drive.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

Backup on PC, remember to backup the savegames if any, erase all on phone and install from scratch using PCSuite, that's the way to go, really.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
muttley_br

I think I've found what is causing this problem with my N8... I have a software called Phonelocator, that each 2 hours gets my position using GPS (and AGPS). I've noticed the freezing problem after these updates, so I turn it off and it's gone... maybe GPS signal it's not completely close when the new position is set... I don't know...

Also, disabling this software, solved a problem with my bluetooth pairing, here in this topic:

/t5/Connectivity/bluetooth-car-kit-pairing-problem-on-anna-and-belle/m-p/1372427#M42315

I will keep my eyes on it!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Everybody having the different problems. I think there is some bug in Belle for N8. Awaiting for rolling of update which fixes all this things....

Kindly help Nokia....:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
muttley_br

Well, Phonelocator wasn't the problem here... the real culprit is bluetooth. I have a headphone and my car registered for auto pairing, and if one of them can't connect, I've got the freeze problem. Pairing problem often happens with my car, I can see in N8 the icon of information exchanging, but in the end don't sync. So that's when my phone freezes.

It's really a software problem... So, what can we do?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Glad i'm not the only person to have this problem.

Kinda tricky to diagnose as well whilst keeping the phone as functional as possible.  Someone on another forum suggested that it may be related to 'my key lock' app but I don't have that installed.  The weather widget seems a likely culprit at the moment though.  I'm gonna test a few days using Accuweather or another app.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ketanvc

Nowadays, whenever I will restart my phone, it will show a message "System Error !". And also Fsecure will not start automatically, I have to start it manually.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ektosknot

As far as i've noticed the problem is the way symbian (i don't know if this was before to, or it is just with belle) accesses the RAM and mass storage. When i use myexplorer to connect to pc via w-lan, sometimes if i want to close the program it's just freezing. But then i noticed that was freezing only when i copied filed from pc to my mass storage ore from my mass storage to pc. My point is that i think that is a matter of read/write on mass storage, or maybe on RAM, or even on internal storage. Something here goes wrong!

Please use plain text.