Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Start a Petition to recall all Nokia N80 Phone...

Registered Member

Start a Petition to recall all Nokia N80 Phones

Hi Everybody I had a Nokia N80 phone for two week and have had problem with the battery life, as I am heaver user and the battery last’s 1 1/2 hour. I have to recharging two or three times a day. I contact Nokia about the problem they told me to take it to my nearest service centre, which I did but I am still having the same problem with the phone. I have stopped using my Nokia N80 because of the battery Life and have gone back to my Nokia 6630, which I think it is safe bet for me. I think this is a good phone but has a lot of problem to sort out. They are three scenarios to resolve this problem (One) I think Nokia should recall all the Nokia N80 Smartphone? (Two) Recall all Nokia N80 batteries (Three) We should all get together and sign a petition on and forum on the way we have be treated by Nokia, for giving us a phone with a load of bugs, battery life problems for a Smartphone phone like this. All other electronic companies do recall, if they product is having problem why not Nokia? We need to set up a petition because we the consumer need to raise our voice with the problems we have in encounter with the Nokia N80 and for it to be recall back to have the problem sort. Please respond if you have encountered these problems with the Nokia N80?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Start a Petition to recall all Nokia N80 Phones

Can I suggest you read earlier posts before posting :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage

pete,

I am an N80 owner, personally I wish I had never bought it; I paid a lot of money for it & I am at the point where I am seriously considering accepting my loses and returning to another mobile phone company.

-----------------------------------------------------

greggel,

You only have to look at the "was this rating helpful to you rating" to see that pete has 5 green squares and you have one, it seems to me that virtually everyone agrees with pete & not you, sorry but it's a fact, there are a Llot of unsatisfied N80 owners out there.

I agree with pete, the N80 should never in my view have been released the way it is.

A couple of weeks ago Nokia held the annual mobile throwing competition in Sweden, personally they should have insisted on a rule that everyone who entered needed to throw an N80 as far as possible!

Now I know a lot of people will not agree with this post but hey, isn't that what forums are for, to give a personal view, vent frustrations, give advice etc?

Enjoy :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
waynester

I agree

my N80 sucks !

had 4 of them, so i SHOULD know!

stuck with it until next February, i will NOT be buying Nokia ever again..
Please use plain text.
Sage

I agree totally with your comments on the N80, and people's freedom to post whatever they like. The fact of ratings is irrelevant to me, and if you choose to live your life with a star rating system then go ahead. What I was pointing out was the fact these posts are all over the forum and it would have been worthwhile to us all to have them in one place.

It may also be a bit of good advice that in future when you comment on a post, without really digesting the nature of it, you at least spell the name of the person you are feabily trying to crucify :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage

Thought I wud look at your rating.............mmmmmm
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

That's curious, his rating has dropped by a few within a couple of minutes. Gues greg musy have a few logins or something. Guess the star system does mean something to him eh!!!!!
I am inclined to agree. I think the 2nd option of recalling batteries and working harder to resolve the glitches in the N80 is the best bet. I love the N80 design but it has poor abilities to go with the nice looks.
Is that an N95 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?!?

Life's too important to take seriously.
Nokias I've owned 3210, 3310, 6100, 7650, 6600, 6680, 6630, N80, N95
I'm a 26 year old boy BTW
Please use plain text.
Sage
adramshaw

stop your bickering. Completely going off topic here!

Let's face i, the N80 is pretty bad, and does have bugs. The fact is, corporations do not have to make a recall. A company will only recall it's products due to corporate responsibility, which includes if there is a saftey issue, or danger to the user. If there is a problem with the Handset, Nokia will replace it, within 2 years of purchase, as stated int eh user warranty. I vaguely remember reading that nokia accessories had a 3 month warranty, i don't know if a battery counts as an accessory, you might want to check that out if you are having trouble with your battery.

The point is, you could make all of the petitions you want, and Nokia would not do anything, as it is not written in the law that a company must fall to demand if a petition is made.
my phones in order of appearance : (starting 3 years ago!) Sony CMD-Z1 plus, Motorola timeport, Nokia 3310, Nokia 3410, Sony Ericsson T300, Sharp GX10i, Sharp GX30i, Sagem My-X-2, Sony Ericsson V800, Sony Ericsson P900, Samsung D500, Sharp 902, Nokia N80 (got mugged by 4 20 year olds). Motorola V3, Sony Ericsson K610i, Samsung D800, LG Chocolate, Nokia N70!

I change phones a lot, have had 11 different handsets in 2006!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

03-Sep-2006
08:19 PM
adramshaw wrote:
stop your bickering. Completely going off topic here!

Let's face i, the N80 is pretty bad, and does have bugs. The fact is, corporations do not have to make a recall. A company will only recall it's products due to corporate responsibility, which includes if there is a saftey issue, or danger to the user. If there is a problem with the Handset, Nokia will replace it, within 2 years of purchase, as stated int eh user warranty. I vaguely remember reading that nokia accessories had a 3 month warranty, i don't know if a battery counts as an accessory, you might want to check that out if you are having trouble with your battery.

The point is, you could make all of the petitions you want, and Nokia would not do anything, as it is not written in the law that a company must fall to demand if a petition is made.

I think the petition is more of a way of airing views and hoping Nokia will do something about them. Like you say they don't have to listen but it makes sense for them to take note. Like the OTA firmware. If people hadn't wanted it then it simply wouldn't have happened would it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
adramshaw

well played
my phones in order of appearance : (starting 3 years ago!) Sony CMD-Z1 plus, Motorola timeport, Nokia 3310, Nokia 3410, Sony Ericsson T300, Sharp GX10i, Sharp GX30i, Sagem My-X-2, Sony Ericsson V800, Sony Ericsson P900, Samsung D500, Sharp 902, Nokia N80 (got mugged by 4 20 year olds). Motorola V3, Sony Ericsson K610i, Samsung D800, LG Chocolate, Nokia N70!

I change phones a lot, have had 11 different handsets in 2006!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

well, if rating and number of posts has any meaning here, i will put my say in.

if the n80 was so awful, why would nokia create a new version of it? dont say 'because they knew the old one was bad' that wouldnt make any sense.

if it were so awful, they would try to ignore it as much as possible...

now, i can say what i like about the N80 as I use one :smileyhappy:

but creating a 'petition' like this is a little daft - this is a user support forum - the only people who will read this are people who have problems (on the whole, i just come here to help).

so they will be naturally disinclined to like the n80...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

03-Sep-2006
08:49 PM
rufao wrote:

but creating a 'petition' like this is a little daft - this is a user support forum - the only people who will read this are people who have problems (on the whole, i just come here to help).

quite so....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

03-Sep-2006
08:51 PM
sister_bliss wrote:

03-Sep-2006
rufao wrote:

quite so....

Really? I found this...

However, these boards are also a feedback channel to Nokia and people from many different Nokia departments actively follow these discussions. Constructive feedback and criticism is valued and always welcome.

I found it in the software update discussion it's right near the top of the discussion. It's from one of the moderators!!

Please use plain text.
Sage

03-Sep-2006
08:51 PM
sister_bliss wrote:

03-Sep-2006
rufao wrote:

quite so....

2nd'd
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
taffytafftaf

oh somebody just ticked to say it was not useful.funny that.I thought it was quite useful.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

[ Edited ]

03-Sep-2006
08:58 PM
taffytafftaf wrote:

Really? I found this...

However, these boards are also a feedback channel to Nokia and people from many different Nokia departments actively follow these discussions. Constructive feedback and criticism is valued and always welcome.

I found it in the software update discussion it's right near the top of the discussion. It's from one of the moderators!!

Right, a couple of points need to be addressed here...

First off, that statement is quite correct - there are a number of people from within Nokia who have an active interest in these boards. Primarily they are myself and the other mods/admins. There are also some other Nokia employees who take some time to have a look around here.

However, if you want to leave feedback to us then this isnt the best place to do it. If you have an issue or you want to let us know about a problem you have, the best way is to give us a call or drop us an email.

So, by all means, you can run this thread - but I have to tell you all that this will get very messy. Everyone with an N80 will post here with their problems looking for a soloution. Whent his happens, I am going to lock the thread.

Also, Taffy

03-Sep-2006
08:58 PM
taffytafftaf wrote:

oh somebody just ticked to say it was not useful.funny that.I thought it was quite useful.

this statement - I have noticed that you have left a lot of people some very bad feedback for posts they have made this weekend, but didnt actually leave a post behind to say why...

So, if you have some negative feedback here its because someone doesnt agree with what you say or find it helpful.

Regards
-
Karim

Message Edited by karim on 04-Sep-2006
10:28 AM

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

Hi,

IMHO, the issue is that the product team had under-estimated the power requirements of N80 users.

The max that we can do is to feedback to Ask Nokia about the mismatch issue with reference to this petition, so that the product team can be aware of this and hopefully be able to avoid such mismatch in the future. And possibly, speed up development of chunking out BL-5Bs of a larger capacity.

In view of my above opinions, I am signing this petition.

For those who will be raising this issue to Ask Nokia with reference to this petition, please also note that there's another identical petition (and a very large one which is locked) within this forum that you can also reference to.

BTW, for those who happened to follow my battery saga with AN, I sent in my BL-5B for testing at the Nokia Care Centre while waiting for them to update my N80 firmware to 623. The result of the test: I have a BL-5B in excellent condition.

Good luck and cheers. ^_^;
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

i think the only other petition is this one here: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=2235&q...

it was concerning firmware updates. now, given the comments made about firmware updates, i sincerely do not beleive that the petition held any sway on the latest service.

i also feel that petitions like this here are a pointless waste of time.

now, before you all shout me down etc - i have an n80. now while I have had no problemd with bluetooth and battery life, i have had problems with my headset and with SMS/email.

to resolve these problems I followed the eternal advice offered here and called nokia to ask them about it. they took my feedback and promised me that this would be recorded somewhere.

well, it turns out that when i updated my phone, the sms/email issue had gone. only my headset issue remaind.

so, the moral of this story? while it may be entertaining for some people, this thread will get us no where fast. in order to get these issues known and resolved we need to tell nokia en masse.
Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

Hi Rufao,

I agree with you on most part. But it is actually comforting to know that you're not alone facing the problem; entertainment is secondary. :smileytongue:

2 cents feedback. Cheers. ^_^
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich_enduro

[ Edited ]
i think the point of petes original post is to try and see just how many people have been mislead by the stated performace of this phone (see figures below from the nokia website)
i think its a far comment to try and see how many other people think that the figures below are misleading?
after all its hardly fair making claims that a product has up to 3 hours battery on talk time when infact you only get an hour and a half?

Power Management
Capacity (mAh) BL-5B 860
GSM Talk time Up to 3 hrs*
GSM Stand-by Up to 8 days*

* Operation times may vary depending on radio access technology used, operator network configuration and usage.

Message Edited by rich_enduro on 04-Sep-2006
06:04 PM

Nexu 5

Please use plain text.