Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Stay away from Microsoft Apps!!!

Counsellor
maurocomiottone

Stay away from Microsoft Apps!!!

Hi all. I'm desperately looking for help.

Today, for the 2nd time in my life, I have installed Microsoft Apps in my Nokia C6-01 and got the TTS not working; if I click the TTS icon in the homescreen nothing happens, but if I try from the incoming SMS folder, selecting the message and choosing LISTEN, everything is fine. I would like to know how to solve this issue without formatting o restoring the phone, as I don't want to spend hours and hours reinstalling alle my apps again. I've contacted Nokia Support and the suggestion was to uninstall Microsoft Apps and try to launch TTS reader, but this has not worked. So the operator suggested me to go on http://europe.nokia.com and look for the TTS files to download, but the file for Nokia C6-01 were removed, so the suggestion was to download the N8 version. Installing this is impossible for two reasons: 1) the files are incompatible with my C6-01 and 2) if I force the installation all I got was an "Update Error" and bye bye. The question is what can I do to solve this issue without formatting my phone? I tried to download the whole firmware, bunt I don't know where to search to get the file to replace those corrupted in my phone.

Thanks for your help...

Mauro

Mobile Visionary
timkamat

[ Edited ]

Here is what I got in reply from Nokia employee on this forum-
This is not unique for your device. But it
is not global.
MS Apps installation on some of Belle
devices with certain product code does
not succeed. There has been done the
changes on email, and unfortunately it caused this. The upgrade of Nokia Belle
(FP1) helps on Nokia 700, 603 and 701.
But unfortunately the upgrade is not
available for C6-01 yet. Let me check what can be done.
Best Regards,

Posts edited: Name of Nokia representative removed for reasons of personal privacy

In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Counsellor
maurocomiottone

Hi mate.

The only problem I suppouse to have is affecting only the MESSAGE READER (clicking on the blue icon in the menu or in the homescreen does not have any result), but if I try to read a SMS from inside the RECEIVED MESSAGES folder TTS works great.

I thinks only a problem affecting either the homescreen blue icon or some other file linked to this icon, but I'm unable to find any solution at the moment.

Before the M$ Apps installation everything was fine... why I did it???

Counsellor
maurocomiottone

Post scritptum: I've found a Microsoft Apps icon in the applications menu. The strange thing is that yesterday I have uninstalled everything marked Microsoft from the C6-01, and the weird aspect is that this icon, linked to a Microsoft login screen, cannot be uninstalled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Employee
svi78

Thank you for your fast feedback. I have reported the issue about the MS Apps and Message Reader onwards.

Counsellor
maurocomiottone

Ehm... what can I do to solve this problem?

:smileyembarrassed:

Employee
svi78

In our test the email is working fine after installing MS Apps v2. But the problem with message reader is happening – when a mail box is configured, clicking on message reader app in Menu > it is not launching it. But reading a message from Messaging application is working (View folders > long press a message > select listen). If you remove mailbox and then click on Message reader icon in menu, will launch the app and reading message works.

Could you check if you it works from Messaging application?

Or did you lose Message Reader files too?

Counsellor
maurocomiottone

I have just removed either the two mailboxes and now the message reader came back to life. If I add a mailbox again the message reader is malfunctioning again. What to do?
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

The Microsoft apps 2.0 have again appeared on Nokia suite and software update menu on my phone. So does that mean the issue has been resolved? Can I now update the apps again and will it solve my problem with message reader?I must say I have had no problems with my email, but message reader has been malfunctioning as stated by the thread starter.
Counsellor
maurocomiottone

I strongly suggest you to avoid anything called Microsoft.

Now I will try to explain what I discovered yesterday. I have removed either the mailboxes from my C6-01 and discovered that the message reader works again clicking the icon in the menu. If I add a mailbox the message reader stops to works again, but if I go in the incoming SMS folder and select a message and choose "LISTEN" the reader works flawlessly. The only malfunctioning item is the icon in the menu, but if I remove the mailbox the icon works again.

I'm sorry for my poor english.

Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I know and I am in the same boat as you are. I installed MS apps and began facing message reader issue. I uninstalled MS apps. Then formatted my phone to get back the phone memory. Still the message reader issue not solved. I am enquiring to MS apps installation just to get the message reader problem solved. I just hope the message reader issue gets solved if I install the new package me MS apps.Or is Nokia coming up with separate fix for the problem associated with message reader?
Counsellor
maurocomiottone

I hope to receive a quick reply from someone in this forum to solve the problem
Counsellor
maurocomiottone

I'm wondering if there is a workaround to restore the old email client, wiping the new one installed with Microsoft Apps.

Advisor
dephead2004

This is affecting a large number of users. I am using a C7 Belle and the reader does not work. Please can we have some urgent feedback from someone at MicroNokia?
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Nokia has left this issue just like the flv files not being able to play. No solution in sight.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Nokia belle refresh update has now solved both flv files and message reader issues. Update to Nokia belle refresh and get both these working.