Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Store apps installs on memory card

Contributor
Alex_lt

Store apps installs on memory card

Hello guys, is there any chance to store apps installs on the memory card, so i can store them and install when i want, after reset, reinstall, instead of downloading them everytime from store?

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

When you start to install an app from the store press the physical menu button on the phone and go into your file manager. Select the drive that is your default location for installing apps to and look for the app you've just downloaded. Long press on it to bring up a menu and select Copy to folder, then select your memory card then Root folder. 

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alex_lt

I cant find the installed apps on my phone Ray, are they hidden? using your method i must be very fast, till app isnt installed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello Alex_lt, you may use a third party app called xplore to get some good details about the files. If you have selected the mass memory as the place to save the file then it will be available in the drive named E: in xplore. Instead of doing this you may download the apps from other sites. Because most of the things in store are filled with ads.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Alex_lt wrote:

I cant find the installed apps on my phone Ray, are they hidden? using your method i must be very fast, till app isnt installed.

You do have to be quick when accessing your E: drive (assuming this is the default location for installing your apps) before the SIS file (installer) is auto deleted.

There is another method to obtain the SIS files  but you can only use this method for free applications. On the Nokia store web site choose the app you want to download and in the address bar delete the last bit of text upto and including the question mark. Then add "/download" (without the quotes) and press enter. You will then be able to download the SIS file to your PC which you can then transfer to your phone but keep a copy on your computer. As I said, this only works for free apps and not the paid for ones.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.