Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Suggest me Which is Better Nokia 5800 or 5530

Advisor
ramkrishna13

Re: Suggest me Which is Better Nokia 5800 or 5530

///The 5530 is having problems with the proximity sensor. A lot of people including me has reported that the phone turns off when you make or receive a call.///

is dis problm der in evry 5530...

now with my pocket  money am buying...

so if any problms occur i totaly get disappoint...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Not on every phone, but apparently the issue has been so prevailing that in buying a 5530, you have to gamble with about a  chance of getting a faulty phone. It seems to be firmware trouble which may be fixed by a reset or firmware reinstallation though,.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

kk bro...

wat abt warranty in  ind

is wrranty available in ind..

bcoz nokia is world wide na...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

If you buy in India then you have local warranty.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

f i buy from US...

then????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Then you do not have warranty and 3G will not work.

Please use plain text.
Sage
espressobreak

I gotta 5530.  Works fine with the sensors n all that.  Like the phone too.

But dude, if you're so worried about warranty, then get the phone in INDIA.  Why?  Because the phone maybe damaged during postals and then your warranty doesnt matter anyway.

Seriously man, if you wanna go the safe n sound way, buy it in India.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

kk bro... my brother is  bringing dat mobile...

but in ind it costs around 14k... in US 10k..

tell me about restriction code..

i hav sent a mail to nokia care.. den dey replied me

//Further, please be informed that Nokia mobile phones purchased from other countries may be network locked. Hence, you will not be in a position to use your phone with any other service provider other than the one collaborated with the dealer.
In order to use your phone with any other service provider, you would require a restriction code. We suggest you to contact the dealer (place of purchase) in order to obtain the restriction code and for further assistance in this regard. //

wat should i do to get restriction code... even though am buying unlocked mobile is dis restriction code.. available...

Please use plain text.
Sage
espressobreak

Dude if your phone is unlocked then dont worry.  Its unlocked to all networks.  But it may be branded.  Thats a whole different thing and it doesnt matter which network you use.

A phone can be branded but unlocked. 

Now hit the kudos for all of us who've helped you with your 'import questions' :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

bro.. wich one is better nokia 5233 or 5230..

wat is d diff b/w both d phones...5233 n 5230

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

in any of d phones 5233 n 5230  wifi is not  avaialable.. den hw can we browse..????

but 3g in  available in 5230.. wat's d main use.. n advantage..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You can browse through the 3G internet provided by your network, All phones nowadays can do that. Even those without 3G and wifi can browse the internet through the GPRS networking.

3G is simply a faster mobile connection that GPRS.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

//

You can browse through the 3G internet provided by your network, All phones nowadays can do that. Even those without 3G and wifi can browse the internet through the GPRS networking.

////

kk bro but in wich mob dis gprs is available..

5230 or 5233????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Almost all phones support GPRS.

Please use plain text.
Sage
espressobreak

hahaha Dear Ramkrishna13, i dont believe this thread is still going on :smileyvery-happy:  Now you seem to have confused yourself with another two more phones.

Dude, you better check out the prices of browsing with a network provider in india first.  I dont really know the prices but I think its quite expensive right?  If it is the case, you might want to save your money and buy a simpler phone.

What happen to the 5530 idea anyway?  Changed your mind?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

bro... first i thought of buying 5530... but der is no global warranty for nokia itseems... so in inida only am thinking to buy either 5230 or 5233...

but my friends said dat der is no gps in 5233...

only in 5230 it is available.. but 5230 is nt available in market...[:smileysad:]...

in india it costs aroung 8k...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

So maybe as espressobreak said you should go for another, simpler phone or maybe stick with the 5530 which is not a bad phone at all (I've lost it),  it's a great phone. But if you want to buy it (i know it's more expensive), just do it in india due to warranty and that may be branded or such a lot of a list of another problems you could just have because you bought it in the US.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

wat abt nokia 5230 N 5233...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ramkrishna13

bro i bought nokia 5230 mobile...

nw thinkng to install anti virus..

wich one suits for nokia 5230...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pkwakman

Why would you need an anti-virus program as there are no viruses for s60v5 phones?

Please use plain text.