Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Symbian Anna Mail for Exchange not working on Exch...

user23535
Accepted Solution

Symbian Anna Mail for Exchange not working on Exchange running security settings

Our company has one E6 running on Symbian Anna. On that device Mail for Exchange does not work if the account has security settings (lock code etc) enabled on the Exchange server. I´ve tried multiple accounts that work fine on other phones (including Symbian ^3 devices) and no luck.

After creating accounts that have security settings on the Exchange server,  theres a popup "Your account does not have permission to synchronise with current setting. Contact your administrator". It seems that Symbian Anna cant handle security settings on the Exchange Server. Normally the phone asks for permission for the security settings and after accepting the account works and if you decline the account does not work.

The accounts that does not have security settings work fine on the E6. This has never been an issue on any other device or OS.

After adding an account that has sec settings, device lock does not activate and it does not even help if you activate them manually.

Any ideas? Is it a common issue on Anna (waiting for an update...) or one falty phone (since I dont have another Anna device to test this with).

Please use plain text.
treo_

Re: Symbian Anna Mail for Exchange not working on Exchange running security settings

I'm seeing this too. I just called to Elisa, our hosted Exchange provider, and they're totally clueless about this. I'd be interested in hearing the solution too.

Please use plain text.
treo_

Re: Symbian Anna Mail for Exchange not working on Exchange running security settings

This is what I've got in my admin_logN.txt file in reoccuring sequences:

HTTP Server Error 403: Forbidden

Error occurred during ping -15011

and finally:

Error occurred during Ping, Setting status to Waiting for Reconnect

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Could you please give me your 

1) Phone's product code?

2) Phone software version and customer software version?

To find the above info select Call and enter *#0000#.

3) Phone language?

4. MS Outlook Account language?

What Is the email server version? Is it MS Exchange 2003, 2007, or 2010  SP1?  

Please use plain text.
user23535

1) 059f862

2)  021.014

3)  Finnish or English, tried both

4)  Finnish

Server running Exchange 2007.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Can you recover the logs from \MailForExchange and send them to me? Customer care has alerted me to this discussion and I'm interested in collecting more information about it.

By the way, are the results all 'green' for autodiscover tests at www.testexchangeconnectivity.com?

This is a Microsoft test page.

If you cancel the step where Mail for Exchange attempts to determin the servername, and enter it manually instead, do you have the same result?

The error message you write about corresponds to HTTP 403. If the credentials are valid for ActiveSync, then MfE is probably trying to connect to the wrong place, meaning that the servername or port are wrong in the settings.

Again, can you recover the logs from \MailForExchange and send them to me?

Please use plain text.
treo_

Hello, I already sent that info to svi78. Actually would like to thank for her for help this far.

I can send you the results of testexchangeconnectivity.com report if you give me your email address.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

I would like to thank you @treo_ and @user23535 for bringing this issue to our attention.

The reason for the error: "Your account does not have permission to synchronise with current setting. Contact your administrator" was that autodiscover imported  the port number to the end of the server name falsely. This has now been fixed.

Another issue was that Nokia E6-00 could not handle very long MS Exchange user id + password combinations on this environment properly. After shortening the combination the problem was solved.

This is fixed in the future release.

Please use plain text.
meNagesh

HI all,

We are also facing mail for exchange issue with Nokia e6 model, its give us the error "Invalid mail for exchange credentials.check credential setting" I have tried 2-3 users mailbox which are working ok on another phones i.e iphone, other nokia devices e5, e8.. is there any issue with symbian anna os? needs to do some settings at server side?.

Please guide us to resolve the issue. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
capcomp514

Hi Admin,

i need your help.

with PR1.2 my corporate mail is working with my nokia c7 but after upgrading to Symbian Anna i'm not able to receive or connect my c7 mail exchange to our corporate exchange server.  Checking emails using my C7 is important to me as i'm doing it on a every day basis.

note: yahoo, gmail and ovi mail are all working.  i'm only having problem with mail exchange.

i will appreciate your repond and help.  Thank you very much.

Melvin.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Isa_norway

Hi

did you get any answer on your question?

i have the same problem with my E6. strangely enough i have it now. it worked fine with our first email it services (mamutmail) and now we changed (Cegal) and i can't get the exchange server mails set up anymore. Any help?

my username with Cegal is 8 letters long, the password was 8 and now 10 letters long. both doesn't work. my username with Mamutmail was 20 letters long and the password 6.... so it can't be a reason of the length of the username or password, right?

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
schirice

I also have a strange problem with mfe on my new Nokia E6-00 model. I can read my corporate emails, no problems at all, but I cannot replay or compose a new mail. I got immediately an "unable to perform operation". We are running Exchange Server 2003, SP1. In fact the server name used is the one of owa (outlook web access), webmail.ro.dsv.com.... Before, with the same settings, I had no problems on E72 and E71. in the company there are a lot of E5, E71, E72 using mfe without problems. I have no problems in sending emails from gmail or yahoo accounts. There is NO secure connection, the port used is 80. Pls. help.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

@capcomp514,  @Isa_Norway and @schirice

Could you check the Exchange server name from the MailForExchange settings? Select Mail application > Settings > Mail For Exchange > Mailbox > Server name. If server name ends up to the port number, remove port number. The port number is located on Advanced settings.

What is the error message when you try to connect to MS Exchange server?

Check the error message from Mfe logs? The log files (admin_log1.txt) exist on the phone memory under the MailForExchange folder.

If this does not help send me the Private Message to my discussion forum account.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
capcomp514

hi, thank you for the reply,

the mail server name setting on my c7 is correct it doesnt end with port number, it ends with .com.

and the port setting in the advance setting is 443.

i attached the admin log.txt file (note i renamed the file extension to .log)

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

[ Edited ]

This is my log for my gmail account:

19/08/2011 13:18:26 Mail for Exchange Build : 1.00.000

19/08/2011 13:18:26 Device Software Version: 022.0142011-07-05RM-675(c) Nokia

19/08/2011 13:18:26 Device Model: C7-00

19/08/2011 13:18:26 Serial Number: 3537550450*******

19/08/2011 13:18:26 Connected to connection method named Orange WEB with type Packet Data

19/08/2011 13:18:28 PING Command Requested

19/08/2011 13:18:31 Error occurred during Ping: -5120.

19/08/2011 13:18:31 Exception during Ping.

19/08/2011 13:18:31 120Returned when no data found for GetByName

Please use plain text.
Advisor
capcomp514

Hi,

i saw a lot of users also complaining after the release of the official anna update.

regards,

Vin

Please use plain text.
vkaushik

Hi SVI 78, Please let me know when fix is available.

I am still getitng the same problem, Details below:

I got an update for Symbian Anna Yesterday on my N8 and my Mails on Exchange stopped working after that. I start getting this error :

Mandatory server policy failed. Pls contact exchange administrator

Please let me know how to get it fixed also is there any way i can downgrade to previous version of Mail for Exchange.

Please help Urgently.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pevu8080

I have the same problem with my E7-00. Everything worked ok until I upgraded to Anna and after that haven't been able to connect to Exchange server.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
monkeyandweasel

Me also!

After the Anna update on my N8, Mail for Exchange now refuses to connect or sync.

This is going to give me a major headache with work.

Come on Nokia, help us out please....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daniel_iccutnas

I was so feed up, dropped my phone off at Nokia Care today. See if a direct reflash works... keep you posted.

Please use plain text.