Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle Web Browser

Registered Member
kndude

Symbian Belle Web Browser

I recently purchased a Nokia 700 phone. I've noticed that with the built in web browser it always defaults and searches for the mobile version of a website you enter.  I've looked in settings and can't find any options to just make it bring up the full desktop version of webpages. Is there any way to do this or am I just going to have to put opera mobile browser on the phone if I want to view pages in desktop format?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

Despite mobile view being more efficient and quicker to load, you can go to settings in  browser and change your homepage. I go to either Bing Search or Google Search then scroll to to bottom of screen and changet to desktop view, then save that page as home page. Some sites will still see your browser as mobile, but there is nearly always an option to exit mobile view. You can of course, as you mentioned, always use Opera Mobile or Mini and personally I have all three, as they are all free I keep shortcuts on one of my homescreens and use them for different sites. You can also set Opera Mobile as your default browser if you wish from settings>Application Settings>Defaukt Applications !!

Hope this helps and Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

carman58 wrote:

You can also set Opera Mobile as your default browser if you wish from Settings>Application Settings>Default Applications !

If your E7 updated to Belle still opens html links in Emails in Opera you are indeed fortunate!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Wouldn't know, don't use Opera as default on my E7, also don't remember anyone mentioning email at any point ? But hey, carry on posting random statements, sure they'll interest or help someone if you post enough :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lbanias

that was a good one !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

i can't found anything like desktop view in nokia 500
updated to bell please give me some screen shots
of it!
please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Here are some screen shots from my E7 running Belle, from bothe native browser and from Opera Mobile, also from Application settings on E7 !

Native Browser

Opera Mobile

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
icoolguy1995

how u have done this ?
i mean desktop view from nokia default browser
please give me kudos if u like my post
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

You have to use Opera Mobile to view Pages in Desktop format.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Even if you set Opera Mobile as default browser, the Nokia Browser  keeps opening by pressing a link. Why?

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
q_singularity

does not work in belle. unable to set opera mobile as default browser. i tried even advanced options.

any workarounds?

tks.

desperately waiting for an update from "Symbian Belle 111.030.0609" to "Nokia Belle" with all the fixes, and without any new tumours!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Yes... solutions please.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eemi

kndude wrote:

I recently purchased a Nokia 700 phone. I've noticed that with the built in web browser it always defaults and searches for the mobile version of a website you enter.  I've looked in settings and can't find any options to just make it bring up the full desktop version of webpages. Is there any way to do this or am I just going to have to put opera mobile browser on the phone if I want to view pages in desktop format?

Please use plain text.