Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Poll: should Symbian Belle get back the Anna l...

tr4shcr4ft

Symbian Belle should get back the Anna locksreen Clock

[ Edited ]

Anna/PR1.0 analog standby clock was

- big

- clear

- detailed (5 minute markers)

you could read it as fast and precise as your wristwatch, making latter obsolete

it was even needless to take you phone completely out - you could just slide it a bit out your pocket, press the menu key, and read the time from that distance.

Belle's slightly "G-themed" analog clock is... a p.i.t.a, seriously

you can aproximate the time but to know exactly you will have to take your phone closer and look at the digital display in the top right corner. which has no seconds display, so you have to check the analog clock again for a precise time. making a huge difference in quick time reading like "it should be at least five minutes left" or "i will miss my train if i not run now"

So,

who would like that Nokia release an App / optional patch, bringing back the original Symbian Anna lockscreen clock to our shiny new Belle smartphones?

Moderator's note: Title of the thread changed so it describes the topic better

Please use plain text.
Employee
KevinY2011

Re: Poll: should Symbian Belle get back the Anna locksreen Clock?

You probably can change the analog clock to digital clock for temporary solution, but anyway, it's a good feedback for improvment.

if this answer is helpful for solving your issue, pls press the white star, thanks!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

Also the digital clock in lockscreen is way smaller and harder to read since Belle ;-)

I'd like to have back the old screensaver clock and the old clock/date widget.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Acura69

Not sure how large it is but here is a free screen saver from the Nokia Store:

http://store.ovi.com/content/178918?clickSource=browse&categoryId=12&contentArea=personalize&pos=10

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fistmele

I agree with the above comments and would like to see the lockscreen clock back.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cosbiss

Re: Symbian Belle should get back the Anna locksreen Clock

I agree too. What were they thinking (Nokia) to ruin a thing that was very good: The lockscreen Clock? Nokia should fast put again the old clock and the bigger fonts too, or else please make a revert to Anna.. The team from Nokia maybe thinks like the team that made google mail or the guys who made Windows Vista:  we must change things no matter what, even if  we destroy good things.. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tahea71

I very much agree with the above post. Please bring Anna's analogue screen saver clock back! I

If I would have known this clock would change, I would not have upgraded to Belle. -Disappointed-
Please use plain text.
tr4shcr4ft

So after one year there is still no change and no hope either.

I downgraded to Anna long ago and will stick to that.

(If the Lumia 1000 gets Xenon flash, i will need to wear a wristwatch again)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fleetwood

The Design Developers just don't think! How can one replace that beautiful Clock with this ugly thing! PLEASE give us back that analogue Anna Clock! Do it somehow, but DO it!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shaar2401

Symbian belle clock is excellent.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

I installed the following: Big Digital Clock Screensaver on my N8. Works as it was with Anna. I don't know who thought like "let's put a smaller clock on the screensaver to make it harder to read and delete the old one" in the development team.

Please use plain text.