Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle update ruined music experience o...

Advisor
Sjoeter

Symbian Belle update ruined music experience on Nokia N8-00

Hi,

I updated my N8-00 yesterday evening and stated using it this morning.

And one of the first things i noticed is that the music playback is ruined by some glitch/mem or cpu leakage that is locking up the phone for 0.5-3 seconds and killing the music for that time.

It mostly happends when the phone is in standby mode, but also rarly when i am using it. i already checked the memory of the phone and thats not the problem (90 - 110 MB free).

I tried Killing most processes and turning off my screensaver but noting seems to help.

The frequency of the occurance is random. Sometimes it happes onece a track, sometimes 2-3 times in 20 seconds. 

im pretty sure that is not related to the mp3's them selves because the problem occurred right after the belle update and didn't ever turn up in s^3 or Anna (or on my n96, n95-8gb or n95 for that matter).

If i can make some kind of log or other data available to get closer to a solution I am gladly willing supplying that.

with kind regards,

Sjoerd van Gestel

3210, 3310, 8310, 7250i, N95, N95-8gb, N96, N8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

Re: Symbian Belle update ruined music experience on Nokia N8-00

I've been experiencing the same problem running Nokia Belle on my N8.

I notice that if I start scrolling through the music library, the normally smooth scroll pauses randomly for a short period before continuing. I can cope with that but I am also experiencing MP3s randomly stopping during playback.

My MP3s are on my MicroSD card so I was thinking of running a format on the card and copying the music back to see if that rectifies the problem. Are your MP3s on your mass memory or your MicroSD? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sjoeter

Just did a full phone recovery (hard reset, clean install) to see if that fixed anything but it didn't.

I am also using an 16gb MicroSD for my music so maby there's a cashing problem.... i am using an slow card ( class 2 - 4 ).

I am at the moment test different bitrates, i noteced that not all songs acting up. songs with 320kbps are where the most problems occure. the songs that i am lissening now is var. and its not locking up as much.

I have to say that the combination of standby (phone in my pocket) are when its often occuring.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sjoeter

Just did a full format of my MicroSD and internal memory. I put 2 music folders on my MicroSD, started playing one of them but the problem is still there.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sjoeter

I now have formatted the internal and external drives and put in the same one folder of music. I listened to the songs and what I found out is that the songs on my MicroSD are acting up. The phone completely locks up for 0.5 - 3 seconds and continues. Its seems to happen more to songs with an higher than 256kbps bitrate. 

The solution for now is to use the internal storage for music files with higer bitrate i guess... but that's not good if you like to use your music library in mutiple devices. 

Hope Nokia can fix this bug in the next update...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

I installed a class 10 32GB MicroSD into my N8 today to replace the class 4 one I was using previously. I'll see how the music playback goes over the next few days and let you know.

It'll be disappointing if it's the MicroSD card that was the problem because it was working fine with previous versions of Symbian.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sjoeter

I'm interested in your results... i transferred all my music to the internal storage with the result that the problem din't occurred since. i was using an unbranded class 4 16GB card.
Please use plain text.