Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Text_To_Speech ? On Nokia 6700 Slide

Counsellor
kees55
Accepted Solution

Text_To_Speech ? On Nokia 6700 Slide

Hello

I have a Nokia 6700 slide.
There is one  program "Berichtlezer" (Text_to_speech ?) what I thought was a handy program because my eyes are not so good anymore.
Only the English language and voice are intalled which sounds very strange and not to understand for Dutch SMS.
When I wanted to download the Dutch language and voice the Nokia 6700 slide was not available to choose.
By a backdoor I am succeeded to download these files, but can I install these without danger on the phone ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Text_To_Speech ? On Nokia 6700 Slide

[ Edited ]

There is always a danger especially if the software is thru' backdoor as you say. If it works you are lucky.. Even if it does not work (without harming the phone..) good.. because you may un-install it.. but If something goes wrong then the warranty will also be void. Always download applications from trusted sites and legally..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kees55

Thanks for your reply.

The files are downloaded from the official Nokia side.

I think it is The side which should come up after choosing a phone (after the first site where I was unable to choose the Nokia 6700 Slide).

The icon that is shown there is the same as when I look in the programs that are running.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you are talking about the OVI Store site, you can first select and save your phone model.. then when you search for some application, it will display that + similar applications and will also inform whether the application is compatible with your phone or not...

till now OK.. but the real thing is even for applications available thru' the OVI, Nokia is not taking any responsibility whatsoever. In case of any problem if you contact Nokia the standard answer is ALL the applications are developed by individual developers (3rd party) ... Just for your information.. always check the developer's site too if the application is not for FREE... What I learnet the hard way is there is always a difference in the price.. at OVI being more expensive...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kees55

I'm sorry I didn't give a link the last time which give some confusion.

So it is from this side where I did download the language and the voice files.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/software/text-to-speech

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Should not be a problem then...

all the best..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kees55

The files are successfully installed.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.