Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Text messages - not showing! - nokia x6

Registered Member
kim1758

Text messages - not showing! - nokia x6

I have had my phone about 4 months now and it's been working fine, but yesterday it started to not show the "1 new message" box at the the bottom of my screen and not alert me i had recieved a message. The only way i know i have a message is to keep checking the inbox to see the actual message. How can i resolve this?? I have tried restoring the factory settings but it did not help :/

x

Professor
shailendraraj

Re: Text messages - not showing! - nokia x6

[ Edited ]

other notifications are working or not ??

as

email or  miss call.

regards

Moderators Note: We have removed the link to your blog, as Nokia does not condone third party links which may not be trusted for the users on our forum.

Registered Member
mizzhj

I am also having the same problem as above. My notifaction light does flash wne I have recieved the text but the 1 new message box does not appear on the main screen and there is no message icon showing beside the battery icon.

Missed call notification is working for me. I dont really use the email notification so I dont know if this is working for me or not.

This is driving me crazy . My phone is currently set to the general profile and I dont even geta text alert that way. I just have to watch for the notification light, which is no good if my phone is in my bag or pocket.

Any advice or help please!!!!! Many thanks in advance!

mizzhj

Registered Member
lil__sarah

This has happened to me aswel, im not getting any alerts for a new message, my phone doesn't even vibrate but the light still flashes.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Contributor
shortstrawfate

I just started getting this. No updates or anything have gone on, just the other night I got a text as I was clicking round in the text app and heard half of the text alert tone. Obviously pressing a button interrupted it. Dunno if that's just a coincidence, but since then, no alert tone, and no '1 new message' home screen notification.

This is really really poor going. Obviously going to try the factory reset, what a pain in the backside, and in the meantime I keep missing messages.

"Bring on Windows Phone," I'm starting to think...

Registered Member
lstockton

Please Help, this is driving me mad. Have checked all setting's and they all look OK.

No sound made when I get a new message, you have to open the message folder to see if you have mail.

HELP !!!!!

Registered Member
jimp178

Hi having the same problem last few days very annoying have to keep checking my texts manualy.

Counsellor

I've seen this on my X6 and eventually figured out that it's linked to Messaging crashing when trying to open an email. Quite often I try to read an email and Messaging starts to download it but then suddenly exits with no error message, and after that I won't get any alert or icon for new SMS messages. Restarting the phone fixes the problem (until next time), so I've just learned to turn it off and on again every time I get that Messaging crash.

This may not be the same problem as yours but hopefully it helps someone...

Registered Member
MrsDidgy

Im havin the same problem! I have tried everythin and for a while simply restartin my phone worked but it doesnt anymore and it gets really annoyin when i dont realise i have a txt for over an hour! :/ x

Mobile Overlord
farby

If you have got a lot of messages stored on the phone ..delete as many as possible from all the sub-folders (Inbox / Sent...). If you need to keep them, Sync with the OVI Suite and keep the copies on the PC...

Registered Member
Andy93

Empty your inbox and then go onto to your settings on your Messaging App and change the storage to mass memory until you find a way to clear out the regular Phone Memory and then you can switch it if you like and it will work :smileyhappy: