Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

The E51 notification light is always on

Contributor

The E51 notification light is always on

[ Edited ]

Dear

Since yesterday morning the notification light of my E51 mobile is on. It only turns off when I remove the battery. As soon as I put the battery back, the light is on (even without switching on my mobile). What could I do to turn it off?

I already tried several things:

• software update from 200 to 300
  • turning off the use of the notification light for missed calls etc.
  • changing the time the notification light should blink (although it does not blink at the moment, it is just always on).

BTW: Should it be possible to construct a small Java application that turns off the notification light?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards
Geert Monsieur 

Message Edited by geertmonsieur on 03-May-2009 09:55 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: The E51 notification light is always on

Just stumbled over the same problem. For no apparent reason, the notification light on my nokia e51 turned on (never used it for anything myself). Resetting factory settings had no effect, and removing the battery only turns off the light for as long as the battery is out. Tried the nokia helpline, but they couldnt help and asked me to go to a service station.

Battery life is now down to about 5 hours so its a real hindrance.

Have you had any luck ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

That's exactly the same problem, I guess. I tend to say it's a hardware problem. 

In the service station they told me that this can be caused by some kind of moisture damage. Since it is quite expensive to let them check (and possibly repair) your mobile phone, I decided to buy a T6 screwdriver and to check it myself. I found some small oxidation/moisture stains, so I think the guys of the service station were right. Maybe we can try something else to turn it off forever? Breaking up the led light is quite hard, since it is very small. Please let me know if you've find a solution to this annoying problem. I'll do the same.

Good luck with your battery (that's really a problem indeed!)

Kind regards

Geert 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had a similar problem happen to me this week.  This is what I did: I  removed the battery cover and left the phone lying face down in a warm room.  When I returned to the phone after a couple of hours, the light was off!  Perhaps trapped moisture was causing a short circuit?  In any case, the problem seems to have gone away.
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

i've had mine for over a year now and have worked perfect til now. but i will have to try and keep my phone dry and out of areas where it might get water damage so i won't encounter that problem.
everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bagoly

disassambly your phone and brake the led with a tweezer... i`ve broke it and now it is working :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Ended up doing the same thing myself. - Dont want the light anyway - stupid design.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I can hardly believe so many people are having the same problem! Maybe we should send a letter to Nokia to complain about this problem!

I'm still using my phone with the LED light turned on. How did you guys manage to destroy the LED without braking other components?

Cheers

Geert

Please use plain text.