Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

The E7 turns itself OFF (and then restarts) when i...

paolopiace

The E7 turns itself OFF (and then restarts) when it loses the 3G signal.

I proved it with complete accuracy.

It happens as long as the Network Mode is set to either 3G or Dual Mode, regardless the presence and strength of GSM signal.

Guess the trouble when you are driving and talking at the phone or using it as GPS device.

All of a sudden it turns itself off and reboot/restarts.

My E7 has Symbian Anna version 022.014

I was wondering if this *serious* problem has been recognized and fixed yet.

Can someone advise, please?

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: The E7 turns itself OFF (and then restarts) when it loses the 3G signal.

Hi paolopiace,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your E7. Try a hard reset by entering *#7370# into your phone. The default security code is 12345. Don't forget to make a back up of your data as well so that you can easily move everything back onto the device after the reset. You can make a back up with Nokia Suite

If this doesn't fix it, reinstall the current software with Nokia Suite. This should solve any errors in the phone. Belle will be rolling out soon as well, so if reinstalling Anna doesn't work you can try Belle instead, when it becomes available. 

If, after trying all the above, the phone keeps switching itself off, I would definitely recommend bringing it to a local care centre where they can check it out and fix the issue for you. Your phone has a 24 month warranty period so this won't cost you anything. 

You can find a local care centre by visiting your local Nokia web page and clicking on the Support tab. To find out the expiry date of your warranty, you can call your local care line. The only thing you need is your IMEI, which you can find by entering *#06# into your phone. The phone number for your local care line can also be found under the Support tab on your local Nokia web page.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.