Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Torrent on Symbian Belle.

Counsellor
MESWEB

Torrent on Symbian Belle.

How to download any torrent on Symbian Belle? I got SymTorrent but when I add torrent file the application is crash. Help me I need torrent on my phone. Nokia 500
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi mate,

You will need to contact the developer of SymTorrent either through their personal website or through the Nokia Store, as their application may not have been made compatible with Nokia Belle.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just reinstall the Symtorrent application using the file provided on the developers website, instead of any other source and it should be sorted out.. I am using that since forever and its working fine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@MESWEB

Presumably you are using version for Symbian S^3 updated here:http://amorg.aut.bme.hu/files/projects/SymTorrent/downloads/SymTorrent_1.51_2012-10-28.sisx.

Have installed this to E7-00 Anna, 700 Belle FP2 and 808 Belle FP2 and have no such issues with any of them:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MESWEB

But on nokia 500 is all time exiting from app. I found solution for my model but this solution not work for me. Solution is - install QT on C:\ and next uninstall it. This is annoing few guys write about working fine SymTorrent on nokia 500. Why this is no working on my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@MESWEB

May not be using latest Qt v4.8.1:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MESWEB

Link to Solution - this is not work with nokia 500. Can anybody try this application on your 500?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

As to which Qt versions should be installed upon device this resource may be helpful:http://qt-project.org/wiki/Support-for-Symbian

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I had no idea this app is available for Symbian. Thanks for the link Apergerguy.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.