Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Touch Screen wont work (Nokia 5800)

Touch Screen wont work (Nokia 5800)

Hey all, watch this video I took of my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJqw4Dp_2o

As you can see whenever I press any button ever since I dropped my phone the blue menu bar randomly comes down and away, no matter whereI press so I cant get on any menus.The bottom 3 buttons that arent touchscreen work.

Is there any way to fix this? I love my phone :crying:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Touch Screen wont work (Nokia 5800)

[ Edited ]

Since it occurred after dropping your phone I would say it's likely that it is a hardwarefault which has occurred. In that case u will have to get it repaired. Your warranty is broken as such damages are not covered by it. You can call or visit a Nokia care point and ask if they are willing to fix it even though the warranty is voided. You will however have to pay for it if they agree. If not you will find some other repair shop.

From looking at your video it seems like there isn't much to try, but you could of course try the obvious things as pull out the battery and wait 1 minute. Reinsert and boot. If it does not work, try pulling out the battery and remove memory card, then turn on. If the phone works now, it might be the memory card which is broken or the memorycard slot/reader in your device. Try a new memory card if possible to check that out. If that works, try to format the memory card, but from the dropping its probably damaged.

If that does not work, you could of course try the hard reset, however, it will probably not fix anything, but it will wipe your phone memory such as contacts, messages etc. So if possible make a back up first to your computer using ovi or pc suite. - Hopefully you will get to trick the phone to connect. If it was set to connect to pc suite by default - it should.

If the hard reset does not fix it, it is a hardware fault which is I'm 99% sure it was from the beggining.

We are not allowed to discuss hardware repairs here, so we cannot help you any further.- that would most likely not have helped at all anyway. Get it repaired.

Good luck!:smileyhappy:

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.