Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: USB cable 15 cm long ?!

Contributor
BP333

USB cable 15 cm long ?!

I bought new nokia phone, opened box and when i saw usb cable 15 cm long i laughed at first but then it was all frustration :catmad:

I wonder who on earth get to an idea to put usb cable that is completely useless. I would be better without one.

All in all, after this gruesome and frustrating experience of trying to conect my new phone to PC with 15 cm SHORT USB cable, i made a vow to myself NOKIA NEWER AGAIN!!!

YOU CHEAP **bleep**!

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

I agree with you on that a cable that small really makes no sense i mean everyone doesnt use a laptop.
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

BP333 wrote:

I bought new nokia phone, opened box and when I saw usb cable 15 cm long.... I would be better without one.

I remember when CA-101D was included with 5800XM but not 5230; after all it was Henry Ford whom said "Add fifty cents a unit on an annual production of three million and you have added one and a half million dollars".

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BP333

Probably they will soon start selling small plastic boxes that looks like cell phones and just stick "NOKIA" on it, that would save them a lot of material and effort...

Not to mention that phone doesn't have basic software on it, such as calc, stopwatch, countdown timer etc... so you have to pay extra money (not to mention time and effort to find what you need) for every little thing that other phones already have "out of the box"!

It looks like nokia managers really take us for fools!

But, like ppl use to say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

calculator, stopwatch and timer is for free on Nokia Store...

Do you want help ...what is your Nokia modell?
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BP333

E5-00 and i cant find free countdown timer for it on Nokia store...

One correction, i see now that they have, after all, built in calculator, at least something... lol

It's also very user unfriendly that i can't remove or change shortcuts on home screen (maps, facebook, ovi etc.) or i don't know how?

One more thing,

Nokia suite notifies me about phone software update, but when it starts, it gets to a point where it says something like phone disconect, but phone is still connected, and update fails...

When i am already here, waisting my time and nervs, i heard something from a friend that i will probably not be able to use software that is not on Nokia store after this phone update. Is this true?

Anyway, thanks for help Ztuka.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Ok, I see.

15 cm cable doesnt sound like Nokia, I have never ever heard of such a thing.

Is it a picture of the cable in the "small paper manual" that the device come along in the package?

If not, call Nokia care or email them directly.

I dont use the Operating System that you have on E5.
The applications I use for example may not work on your phone. I almost never use applications that isnt on Nokia Store anyhow. Only very well trusted software...

About disconnecting problems, try to connect into another usb hub and/or;

-reinstall the software
-restart pc
-disconnect cable to phone and connect after restart the pc or/and phone
- soft reset

...sometimes it is hell when problems occur...

Have you checked the online manual for E5, could be useful.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BP333

@Ztuka,

Thank you very much for your time and effort. I will follow your advices.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

1. Nokia E5-00 comes with Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-101D which is of very short length as mentioned.. (This is only for reference)

2. As for 'Shortcuts' ...you may not be able to change all of them but have a look on Pg. 21 of the User_Guide ...

3. Regarding the Updates.. did you wait when the message regarding Phone disconnection appeared ? Its quite normal that the phone switches itself OFF and ON on its own during the update.When it gets switched OFF, it gets disconnected and again when it gets ON..it should get re-connected. (This warning is displayed when you start the process which also informs you to Ignore all such warnings...). So, wait for 3-4 minutes when you get the Message and see whether the process continues after that...

Please use plain text.