Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: USB connection between N97 mini and PC does no...

USB connection between N97 mini and PC does not work anymore

Hi,

I do have a N97 mini for some weeks now (non-branded phone bought in Germany) and until today it worked fine.

Since today the USB connection to a PC does not work anymore -- after connecting the N97 mini to a PC the PC does not

recognize the new USB device and there is no selection menu on the N97 mini. In addition there's no message on the phone

that the batterie is charging.

I tried this with different USB cables and different PCs - on both PCs the USB connection worked before without problems.

I can still charge the batterie with the normal charger (which also connects to the USB port).

What can I do to fix this error?

Thanks

Bernd

Th

Tha

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: USB connection between N97 mini and PC does not work anymore

[ Edited ]
Have you tried this? - Turn off your device, take out battery, wait 4 min, putt battery back in and turn on the phone. Restart your computer, connect cable to your device, connect the usb to pc...
Message Edited by Fender77 on 03-Feb-2010 07:25 PM
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

You could also check your settings in the device: Menu-> settings-> Connectivity-> Usb-> Usb connection mode -> mass storage, or you could go on ask on connection ->yes. Beware of that I only have the n97 and the 5800, but as I remeber from trying my friends n97 mini, it's about the same.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hashamp

Excellent tip. You saved my day..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BMX_3

I had the exact same problem, I asked a technician and here is what he did and it works

first change the messages memory to C: instead of mass memory E:

try to connect to PC

if it didn't work switch the profile to offline {and the messages still uses the C:  }

that's it

after disconnecting the device you can set the messages to use E: again

hope that works for you as it worked for me :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stlbly

[ Edited ]

FENDER really you are a mobile guru

thanks a lot your advise worked fine for me you save me thans :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

@ BMX_3: That sounded interesting, I will try that out if it happens to me. Note that wether you set it to C or E before connecting to pc using mass storage mode, you will have to reset it to E afterwards anyway if you want it to be E, as the phone will use C after disconnection wether you like it or not.

@ StIbIy: Glad it worked! This isn't something I've invented myself! This is some of the moves that users all around the boards has worked out trying to fix similar issues, and this might not even work at every similar case. We, who are here on these boards to help others, are verry dependent of the info we get from the user who are facing the issues, to be able to give correct help. The more info, the easier it is to help (at least with some cases).

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pod03

Selecting Mass Storage on connectivity settings before connecting my N97 does seem to work around my USB connectivity issues. Thank Fender

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
allnewaslam

Damn.

it worked dude..

i though it will not..!

you are genius...

thank you.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I've had my share of "fun" with connecting devices to my pc's. Faulty usb cables, faulty usb ports, driver issues, other funny issues with the OS not detecting the device, 3rd party programs messing up everything etc. This "manouvers" mentioned above are no absolute solution. It might work sometimes. Often a reboot of the pc seems solve a lot.

I'm glad it helped some of you anyway! And for the love of, I'm no genius. Such alternating between how to connect, reboot etc is just something I try when I don't know better. :smileyhappy:

Also, Pc suite and Ovi suite seems to dislike each others. I try to stick with one of the programs.
Please use plain text.