Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to reinstall OS on nokia x6

Aditya_T

Unable to reinstall OS on nokia x6

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I own a nokia x6, 8gb and my lock switch broke a year back. I installed softwares such as mazelock, screenlock fx,etc which enables me to lock and unlock by using the menu key (pls note i used this software successfully for atleast 10months). I recently started facing problems wherein my phone locks itself (after 20mins of usage) and even if i press the menu key or the power key, my phone shows the slide to unlock screen but if i swipe, it doesnt actually unlock (MY TOUCH SCREEN IS NOT RESPONSIVE BUT DISPLAYS THE TIME PERFECTLY). I tried all the softwares possible and this happens even with the default nokia locking software.I tried hard reset using 7370 but my phone doesnt restart.Instead i need to manually start my phone. I tried reinstalling my os using the nokia suite but everytime i get an error saying the connection to the phone was lost and MY PHONE GETS SWITCHED OFF.IT DOESNT RESTART AS ITS INTENDED TO. I would be grateful if someone can help me reinstall my OS on my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: Unable to reinstall OS on nokia x6

Your phone has suffered from a failed firmware update. Use the link below for further suggestions.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/3981...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Aditya_T

[ Edited ]

Thank You ng85

However I am unable to reset my phone by holding my green,red,camera and power button. The phone starts and even the music files in my C drive are intact. Also i have not updated my OS anytime recently to experience this error. I would like to know if there is any way of forcefully reinstalling my OS. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Try the latest Beta version of the Nokia suite from here ...To download, you need to log-in using the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..

You may also try the Nokia Software Updater ... and see whether the same error is reproduced or averted ...

Please use plain text.