Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Undeletable SMS and MMS in Nokia C3-00

michaelms
Accepted Solution

Undeletable SMS and MMS in Nokia C3-00

Hello. I got a problem with Nokia C3-00. After synchronizing with the old phone Nokia 7900 by bluetooth in inbox has appeared 225 blank lines, which I can not remove. Error: "Message is no longer available. " Through the Ovi suite also I can not remove. Soft and hard reset does not help. In these messages the sender is specified as an IP address. Firmware 08.63 RM-614. Please help me remove them.

Please use plain text.
ErikaG

Re: Undeletable SMS and MMS in Nokia C3-00

I have very similar problem. I just installed latest Nokia firmware (08.63) on my Nokia C3 using Nokia Ovi suite under Windows7, and did a hard reset on the phone. I restored my contacts using Ovi Suite.
Now I have 6 empty sms messages (with no titles or sender names) in my inbox that cannot be deleted. On attempt to delete them I get error message saying "Error occurred. Deletion not completed.". Hard reset does not help.
What can I do in order to get rid of them?
Please use plain text.
ErikaG

Also there is no Ovi Browser after the firmware update. It has the same old Opera Mini. I tried updating three times - twice with Ovi Suite and once with Nokia Firmware updater application. End result is the same - six undeletable empty sms messages, no Ovi Browser.

My Nokia C3 phone has been to repairs twice already (due to e-mail issues). The second time they replaced the main board. I had no good chance to check how e-mail works after this, as after new firware installation more bugs became apparent.

Please use plain text.
ErikaG

My phone (Nokia C3) is still not fixed. It has been to PhoneMenders (they fix Nokia phones in Ireland) for a while now. They said to me that they fixed the phone two times already. Both times they just re-flashed firmware which did not fix anything, and both times I refused to take the phone back, as it still had the same 6 sms messages that cannot be deleted.

Apparently it is the firmware issue.  So people avoid the latest (8.xx) Nokia firmware for C3!

My Nokia C3 has been more time in repairs than in the actual use (innitially there were push mail issues, later - these six SMS messages that cannot be deleted). What a low quality software it has.

Please use plain text.
ErikaG

Finally the phone was fixed by flashing the old firmware in (v4.60). Shame on Nokia, that they were unable to release the new firmware without issues.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arsamrasool

i have solved this problem by backup messages and contacts together and then restore it
Please use plain text.