Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Unexpected error occurred. Please restart the came...

Contributor
kaisar
Accepted Solution

Unexpected error occurred. Please restart the camera.

Hello guys,

I am having a problem on my Nokia N8's camera. When I go for camera option it is showing "Unexpected error occurred. Please restart the camera. If this does not help, try restarting the Phone." I have tried by restarting the phone for several times. But did not worked for me.

I went to so many blogs and forums. I realize that the problem is happening after installing Nokia Wellness Diary. I removed the Nokia Wellness Diary and also the Nokia Drop which were from Nokia Beta Labs. But still I am facing the same problem.

Can anyne please help me regarding this?

Release

Symbian Belle

Software Version

Software Version Date

2011-11-26

Model

N8-00

Type

RM-596

Counsellor
eKamran

Re: Unexpected error occurred. Please restart the camera.

I remember i had this issue in my N8 Anna wen i installed a Camera App from Betalabs. Removing that solved my problem.

Point is other app like Diary or drop shdnt cause this, thay hav nothing to do with the camera unit.

Search for other app or try Hard reset.
In Love with Nokia, Symbian & N8-00
Contributor
kaisar

I already made a hard reset and also re-install belle. But nothing happened to get back the camera.
Counsellor
eKamran

A hard reset plus Reinstallation should work.
Donno whats wrong in your case..
Contact Nokia Care for further instructions
In Love with Nokia, Symbian & N8-00
Professor
JackMerson

In that case, I afraid you may have to go to Nokia Care to get your phone repaired or changed.

If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
kaisar

I did sent it to Nokia Care and after 10 days they returned it to me with brand new condition. They told me that they changed the motherboard. Now I have different IMEI number what I purchased.

Professor
JackMerson

Glad to hear that. I hope you have a nice day with your smartphone. :smileyhappy:
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
cybrain99

I gpt the same problem. My SD card was the problem, when I removed it everything started working fine. Then I formatted the SD card, and re inserted to the phone.  Now every thing is working fine.

Registered Member
hashd7

cybrain99, yes . The SD Card is the problem most of the time.If the camera images are being saved to SD Card, remove the card and start the camera.You will be asked to save images to phone memory because SD is removed.Select yes.Now camera will work fine.Exit the camera.Insert the SD Card and now the camera will be ok.
Registered Member
brazilian47

I have to say that I had this problem when I was making a film and then the memory was totally full.

I formated the mass memory, where the video was recording, and everything back really fine.

THEN, PLEASE TRY ONLY TO DO A SIMPLE FORMAT IN THE STORAGE PLACE.

You can go to FIles (Arquivos in portuguese) and hold on the mass storage. Select format.