Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unlocking E63

jupiter2step

Unlocking E63

I have an E63 and obtained an unlock code from 3. Thing is, I have no idea how to enter it.

If I enter it with the existing SIM it tries to dial it and I just get a voice message 'this number has not been recognised...'

If I  enter it without any SIM it refuses to accept it and says "emergency calls only"

If I put a new SIM card in I simply receive the message "SIM card not valid" and if I type in the number and press the green button I get the emergency calls only" message.

Any ideas? The number they gave me starts 659.. and has 15 digits. There are no symbols or letters - I wonder did they leave out some at the start or end?

All advice gratefully received.

Jon. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

did you try to call 3 to guide you through the process? or ask them to send you email instructions as to how to do it.

Type #PW+
2. Enter your Nokia E63 unlock code
3. Now type +1#
4. Your Nokia E63 should say “SIM Restriction Off”

or try the above and see if it works. 

*courtesy of hyfeno how to unlock. 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

They have indeed missed something out, it should start with #pw+ and end +(digit)# with the 15 digits in between so for example #pw+123456781234567+1#

The number ( ) may be 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 unfortunately with certain number much more common than the others

pw+ in inputted by repeated pressing on key marked * (+) at about 1 second intervals

2 presses for +, three presses for p and four presses for w

You need to insert valid SIM for network that you want to use.

Please note that you will only get three attempts to input correct lock code before you will be locked out and have to return device to Care Point for reset

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
npradeep2007

Hi

Please tell me how did u got the 3 unlock code.

Please help to unlock my e63 mobile which is locked by 3 in UK

thanks

BR

Pradeep

Please use plain text.
mustafa_gorllia

hi i entered more than three time wrong code and now it's say (not allowed) may tell me what Shall i do please ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@mustafa_gorllia

Welcome to the forum!

You need to visit Nokia Care Point with proof of purchase for device to be reset to allow further three attempts.

Hopefully you were using * key repeatedly to input pw+?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
mustafa_gorllia

@ aspergerguy thank you for replay , but unfortunately we don't have nokia care point in my country, so can you tell may i do this online and thx
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patinson

hi...npradeep2007

hey you can unlock your mobile using the codes.Get the unlocking code for your mobile from your network provider.
Once you get the code, you may follow the instructions at  http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/ .It helps to unlock your mobile easily.

Please use plain text.