Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updated Belle Line icon

Advisor
Lexilium88

Updated Belle Line icon

Ok so i updated Belle and Number 1 shows me between network name and singal/batery icon

Thats line in use 1/2 .Can anyone tell me help me can I / am I able to hide that number (icon) on display that doesnt show me what line i use e.g 1 or 2.I didnt have this issue on Anna it appears now when i updated to Belle.So can someone tell me can i hide it or turn off that doesnt show me "what line i use" and its appears when i call someone or someone call me "name of caller and Line 1" PLS HELP....

Settings/Calling/Call/Line in use  (Line 1 / Line 2)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Hi,

Was about to open a theme related to this "problem". Me too I get the icon "1" Line use and I can not hide.

Any solution? thanks!

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vlado3g

A friend of mine has the same problem. Has anyone tried to put a different sim card in ? 

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

The icon "1" (or "2") is shown if the ALS (Alternate Line Service) service is available with your network subscription. This will let you use two numbers with one SIM card.

If you have got this icon, you could check with your operator if the ALS service is currently enabled for you.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

But I have only one number on a SIM card. Should I contact my operator to "disable" this and that icon desaparesca, right?

Thanks.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Yes, maybe you could check with the operator if this service is hiddenly enabled even though you are not using the service.

Please use plain text.
onkelstony

pj98 wrote:

Yes, maybe you could check with the operator if this service is hiddenly enabled even though you are not using the service.

While this might be the case for some of us, the "1" never showed up until the upgrade to Belle. So you might call it a feature, we call it a bug. One one that needs fixing urgently, as it distracts the attention severely, when there's a 1 in the middle top of your screen (such as "1 important thingy is waiting for you".

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Any solution?

I contacted my service operator and told me everything was working correctly. He said that if the icon appeared online in use after an upgrade phone software, should I contact Nokia support.

And... :smileyfrustrated:

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

OMG Nokia, Is there no solution? is annoying to see that icon there.

See the picture ...

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Thanks for the image! Unfortunately no more information about this, not sure why you have the alternate line service indicator on your screen even though you have not subscribed to the service. If you have any other SIM to test (e.g. from some other operator), you could check if this is related to your current SIM and operator network.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

OK, so good. I'll try changing the SIM card.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

I have that "number 1" on my Nokia 701 but not on the upgraded E6 Belle.

Same sim card...

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Me too. I changed the SIM card and the damn icon is still there. It is obviously a software problem, not my phone provider. This happened after upgrading to Belle, as Anna did not show that icon.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi bro,
I suggest you to use to select your network manually. This may remove that '1' symbol.
Try it.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

I just try, but unfortunately the icon did not disappear (see image).

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I don't know bro. It's operator network dependent feature.
Better to neglect it. :smileyhappy: 

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

If the operator function as you say ... why when Symbian Anna had not appeared that icon?

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

:smileyindifferent:

This afternoon I will go personally to the customer center of my phone service provider. We comment that this happened after a software update from Nokia official, and if they tell me that Nokia should be the solution who I let them know you.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Igor83n

Same issue here, im updated my phone this morning  from Anna to Belle!

Any help?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

[ Edited ]

Nokia should give a solution.

I went back to the customer center of my phone provider and returned to tell me the same thing: It's a software problem Nokia

Even removing the SIM card or placing the phone in offline mode still see the icon for 'Line in use "(see images). This icon appeared with the upgrade to official Symbian Belle.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.