Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Useful codes

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Useful codes

[ Edited ]
Why not have a thread with the common codes that our members may need? I'll get you started with a few of the better-known ones, and no doubt our gurus will join in!

Important points before we start:
- Do not publish any numbers unique to your devices such as IMEI numbers and other serial numbers.
- Do not publish any information that is confidential to Nokia (or other manufacturers) that you have acquired by unofficial, unverified or illegal means.
- Board rules do not permit the discussion of any topic that involves an unauthorised intervention into a Nokia product. This includes any kind of hacking of the phone's identity, such as IMEI numbers and product codes.

Here we go with the well-known ones:

12345 - The standard Nokia security code. If you change this, you must keep a secure record of your new code otherwise resetting will cost you a trip to your local Care Point for a re-flash.

Some newer phones (like the shiny new 6500 Classic that we have in the Moderation Bunker, which is a 5th-edition S40) don't have a pre-set security code, you have to choose your own if you wish to activate security settings. (Please don't tell Nokia Care we've got their 6500, they'll want it back!) :smileywink:

0000 - The standard Bluetooth pairing code for Nokia audio enhancements (some Nokia integrated car kits have part of their serial numbers as pairing codes, if this it the case with your product, the user guide will tell you).

*#0000# - Find phone and software version information
*#06# - Find your phone's IMEI number (also on the product label inside the phone's battery casing)
*#2820# - Find your phone's Bluetooth address
*#62209526# - Find your phone's MAC address (WLAN)
*#99# - GPRS dial-up code

On Sybmian phones:
*#7780# - Restore factory settings
*#7370# - Reformat your phone (back up your personal data with PC Suite or to the memory card first!)

S40 2nd edition*
*#335738# - Clear WAP/MMS settings
*#7370925538# - Reset wallet code (But kiss goodbye to your wallet data, so I'm told...)
(*I know that these two work on the 6230i...)

Over to you guys!

Message Edited by michaels on 30-Nov-2007 01:12 PM

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi michaels

I have a suggestion for unresponsive Symbian S60 not on standby screen, but unfortunately it would lead to loss of data on phone.

Firstly take the battery out for 5 minutes and then replace and see if that makes any difference.

Then try the "3 finger reset" which is depress these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone whilst keeping those same three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Mobile Sensei
korngear

Nice thread and nice post SIR MichaelS.
You could take it into account what Scooby said. This is sometime preferred as the last resort when the phone gets dead during a HW upgrade.
Advisor

No codes for S40 3rd ed? The codes above don't work for 6233.

30-Nov-200710:40 AM
michaels wrote:
Why not have a thread with the common codes that our members may need? I'll get you started with a few of the better-known ones, and no doubt our gurus will join in!

Important points before we start:
- Do not publish any numbers unique to your devices such as IMEI numbers and other serial numbers.
- Do not publish any information that is confidential to Nokia (or other manufacturers) that you have acquired by unofficial, unverified or illegal means.
- Board rules do not permit the discussion of any topic that involves an unauthorised intervention into a Nokia product. This includes any kind of hacking of the phone's identity, such as IMEI numbers and product codes.

Here we go with the well-known ones:

12345 - The standard Nokia security code. If you change this, you must keep a secure record of your new code otherwise resetting will cost you a trip to your local Care Point for a re-flash.

Some newer phones (like the shiny new 6500 Classic that we have in the Moderation Bunker, which is a 5th-edition S40) don't have a pre-set security code, you have to choose your own if you wish to activate security settings. (Please don't tell Nokia Care we've got their 6500, they'll want it back!) :smileywink:

0000 - The standard Bluetooth pairing code for Nokia audio enhancements (some Nokia integrated car kits have part of their serial numbers as pairing codes, if this it the case with your product, the user guide will tell you).

*#0000# - Find phone and software version information
*#06# - Find your phone's IMEI number (also on the product label inside the phone's battery casing)
*#2820# - Find your phone's Bluetooth address
*#62209526# - Find your phone's MAC address (WLAN)
*#99# - GPRS dial-up code

On Sybmian phones:
*#7780# - Restore factory settings
*#7370# - Reformat your phone (back up your personal data with PC Suite or to the memory card first!)

S40 2nd edition*
*#335738# - Clear WAP/MMS settings
*#7370925538# - Reset wallet code (But kiss goodbye to your wallet data, so I'm told...)
(*I know that these two work on the 6230i...)

Over to you guys!

Message Edited by michaels on 30-Nov-200701:12 PM

hi ,what is battery recharge code for Nokia 6300?
Contributor

Plz what is the code to clear WAP/GPRS Seetings for Nokia 6300 ??? Version 4.70

Thank you
Registered Member

does any one know if theres a preset password when u insert ur memory card, my phone was gettin fixed and when i got it back i inserted my memory card and now its askin 4 a password, iv never had a password 4 my memory card b4
Sage
kflyer

According to my knowledge, the memory card doesn't have any password unless you create one for it. So someone might have created a password for your memory card. But I can't give you any advise because I'm not sure whether there's any difference for Symbian devices.

Mobile Royale - Latest News, Reviews and Software for Mobiles

Aero Everyday - Aviation News and Insights

GoMobile Forums-The best mobile technology discussions

Please visit http://alifeofmisery.blogspot.com or www.miserylife.tk and help someone smile.

Dreaming of a 5320XpressMusic - 128MB RAM makes up for the 2MP cam !
Employee
adamf

Hi misky_n73.
There is no default code on memory cards.
So it will never ask you for one unless it has been set.
I've seen this hundreds of times and the answer is ALWAYS the same.

You probably got your firmware updated right?
When this happens it deletes a file stored on the phone that remembers the password that was once set to the MMC so the phone asks for it again.

Good news is, you have unlimited attempts at entering a code on a MMC, bad news is, it could be a combination of numbers and/or letters

Good luck
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Contributor

hi, i'm using nokia n73 model. chinese make.
when i got a call, i cant attend and answer to the phone. because that time all the buttons in a keypad is not working. i try to restore the factory settings, but the code 12345 is not working. and my mobile front camera also not working. please help me to solve the problem
Employee
adamf

Hi guys,
I dont mean to stir up any trouble, but i have a problem with this thread.
I got a message in my mail box the other day from a Moderator(Sphere) telling me that he had deleted my posts due to its content.
This content was specifically aimed at me posting the reset code that i can see at the top of this thread that has been started by another Moderator.
I was told that these codes were not confirmed by Nokia and that they HAD to be removed.

So, my question is, why is this thread still here?
Has this gone unlooked?
Mod having a power trip moment?
Or is it just a case of one rule for one and another for others.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I think it's a lack of knowledge. I've had posts removed by that mod before that were perfectly legit.
Employee
adamf

It looks to me like a lack of communication, even amongst the Mods themselves.
Registered Member

PLZ write code to format NOKIA 6270, i download a virus and i cant go to menu, phone reset, need format, what the code to di it? :smileysad:
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

20-Dec-2007 10:15 AM
adamf wrote:
Hi guys,
I dont mean to stir up any trouble, but i have a problem with this thread.
I got a message in my mail box the other day from a Moderator(Sphere) telling me that he had deleted my posts due to its content.
This content was specifically aimed at me posting the reset code that i can see at the top of this thread that has been started by another Moderator.
I was told that these codes were not confirmed by Nokia and that they HAD to be removed.

So, my question is, why is this thread still here?
Has this gone unlooked?
Mod having a power trip moment?
Or is it just a case of one rule for one and another for others.

The removal of posts containing the reset codes a little while ago was a simple error. The Symbian reformatting code is published in the NSU FAQs, so if it was supposed to be a secret, it got out!!

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Mobile Guru
mccbleue

20-Dec-2007 05:29 PM
jacikas wrote:
PLZ write code to format NOKIA 6270, i download a virus and i cant go to menu, phone reset, need format, what the code to di it? :smileysad:

The 6270 isn't a smartphone, it's just a Series 40 OS handset, so it is not susceptible to viruses.

There is no reformat code for Series 40, it will need a firmware re-flash. I'm not sure if this model is compatible with software updater, so it's worth you checking that. If not, a Nokia Service point will do the business for you.
Employee
adamf

Thank you for your response MichaelS.

I was just concerned about the automatic deletion of threads and subjects that the mods should know about.
After conversing with the said mod that deleted my posts he was adamant that this code was a not allowed on these forums and then after pointing this very thread out to him i got no return email apologising.

Classic case of hit and run!
Or sticking his head in the sand.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Hey adamf, couple of weeks ago my one BENEFICIAL post was deleted by a mod. I think miscommuniaction could be a factor here too. Cuz the reason he showed to me it was cleared away with Mike's helpful thread. Later I challenged him and showed this thread.
To sum up hard reset/soft reset and three buttons action IS VALID for Symbian phones.
Employee
adamf

I know these are valid.
The Mod doesnt, so its just got me thinking, can he really moderate?
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
geronimo

Quoting michaels this was an error that has been corrected. We regret that this has caused some miscommunication.

Feedback from users are always welcome. In this instance these quotes could be beneficial to all users.