Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Useful codes

Mobile Sensei
korngear

Welcome nu moderator geronimo .
What does that mean?:smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

[ Edited ]
Yes welcome Geronimo.
Good to have you with us
:smileyvery-happy:

(Geronimo was an Apache chieftain who raided the white settlers in the Southwest as resistance to being confined to a reservation (1829-1909) )

Message Edited by adamf on 24-Dec-2007 10:32 AM
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

thanks adam, hope "nubies" wont let us in a new kind of confusion:smileywink:.
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Yes i hope so too.
Im sure he'll do a great job.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

5310 Security Code

I can't get into the security code of my new 5310. The user manual says 12345 and all the forums say 12345 but this doesnt work on mine. I brought this new and outright with no contract.

To quote the first post

12345 - The standard Nokia security code. If you change this, you must keep a secure record of your new code otherwise resetting will cost you a trip to your local Care Point for a re-flash.

Some newer phones (like the shiny new 6500 Classic that we have in the Moderation Bunker, which is a 5th-edition S40) don't have a pre-set security code, you have to choose your own if you wish to activate security settings.

Unquote

The 5310 is new and uses S40 5th (I think) so whats the go there. Someone please help, I have tried putting in 12345 into my 5310 and now it has told me it is the last attempt!!!!!

BTW - I know its not the PUK or SIM lock codes, the security code should be fixed to the phone and not the sim or operator etc.
Please use plain text.

07-Dec-2007 04:44 PM
khalidksar wrote:
Plz what is the code to clear WAP/GPRS Seetings for Nokia 6300 ??? Version 4.70

Thank you

i have just bought a 6300 and when i put my sim card in its asking me for security code which i havent got. i am unable to get hold of this code as the previous owner has gone abroad. can i get hold of this code anywhere?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

15-Jan-2008 05:00 PM
maryrose wrote:

i have just bought a 6300 and when i put my sim card in its asking me for security code which i havent got. i am unable to get hold of this code as the previous owner has gone abroad. can i get hold of this code anywhere?

The standard code is 12345. If the original owner has changed this, you'll have to get it re-flashed at a Nokia service point in order to reset everything.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi

I have a 6288 and for the second time running, ive forgotten my security password, last time i went to the nokia centre and it took over an hour to fix it, half the time waiting in line,
What is the software that nokia uses to reset the whole phone that we cant get/use as i cant be bothered waiting again. Or is there a plan B approch to it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The nokia care point is your only option.

The software is not legally available to the public and there is no "plan B approach".

You should consider storing your code in a safe place just in case you forget it again.
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Psycho is correct.
The software the Nokia Care Points is only available at a care point.
Any other use of this software is prohibited and should anyone get caught giving this software out to people not authorised to use it, will feel the full force of Nokia corp.
You will need to take your phone to an NCP as explained.
You can find the nearest NCP to you at the Store Locator

If you are that forgetful to do it twice, its probably not a good idea to set a code in the future. It'll be cheaper.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aatif

hi...
These chinese models have an issue of codes..
I had one and it was really hard to reformat the phone because when you type in *#7370#,it asks for the lock code..
Then i tried the 0000 and it worked!!
Just try that one and if that doesn't work then try 1234...

All the best..
!!!OHOO!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi,pls tell me abt nokia3500 classic codes and downloads
Please use plain text.

How to fing IMEI number

I lost 1600 cell two days back. the dealer entered only serail number not IEMI number on the bill. I need IMEI number to give a complaint to trace. Is it possible to find IMEI number by knowing Serial number
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Re: How to fing IMEI number

Seriel number is IMEI.
Its the same thing.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I was told by someone that the battery has some reserve power and that when low, this can be invoked by using the following code: *3370#

I have tried this with my Nokia 6230, but nowt happens!

Any one know about this?

Thanks
Tony
Please use plain text.
pinnickjnr

HEY THANK SO FAR.MY PROBLEM IS THAT MY ELDER BROTHER BOUGHT A NOKIA 6280 WHILE IN BERMINGHAM,BUT GAVE IT TO ME WHEN HE CAME TO NIEGRIA.BUT EACH TIME I TRY TO USE OUR LOCAL MOBILE SIM IT JUST WONT WORK,PLEASE ADVICE
Please use plain text.

can you help me how to format 6300 phone? *#7370# is not working with my phone :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

*#7370# only works on s60 symbian handsets your is s40.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

07-Feb-2008 05:59 PM
callender wrote:
I was told by someone that the battery has some reserve power and that when low, this can be invoked by using the following code: *3370#

I have tried this with my Nokia 6230, but nowt happens!

Any one know about this?

Thanks
Tony

This is just one of those internet hoaxes. Complete fiction.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

08-Feb-2008 01:25 PM
pinnickjnr wrote:
HEY THANK SO FAR.MY PROBLEM IS THAT MY ELDER BROTHER BOUGHT A NOKIA 6280 WHILE IN BERMINGHAM,BUT GAVE IT TO ME WHEN HE CAME TO NIEGRIA.BUT EACH TIME I TRY TO USE OUR LOCAL MOBILE SIM IT JUST WONT WORK,PLEASE ADVICE

Your phone is locked to a UK network provider.

You need to get the restriction code from the operator concerned in order to unlock your phone to any network.
Please use plain text.