Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Useful codes

Mobile Visionary
illinjah

13-Jul-2008 11:05 PM
101871 wrote:
hey guys.... i have Nokia N95 i bouth it from friend who recieved it from Uk... but i dont have any box or info guide.... just telephone... and i have some problems.... 1. can i turn off the auto recharger???? and how to do that? 2.How to activate the side butons:confused:light,camera and volume +-??) and plz tell me farcoty setting code... (the 12345) dont work.... P.S srry for the post in wrong theme... :smileyhappy:

I´m afraid I can´t answer all of your questions ut you try and find it out for yourself by downloading the manual here.

If the code doesn´t work than someone has changed it, I don´t know any other code then the one you mentioned.
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

If the default lock code 12345 doesn't work it means that the previous owner changed it. You'll have to contact them to get the code off them.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

Hi.
Bought a Nokia 5310 for my child. Tried to change the standard security code, but I´m not sure if it actually got ghanged or not. Now it won`t accept either the "new" code or the standard code 12345 (if the standard code is´nt 00000 as suggested somewhere else in this thread).
That is; i have tried twice without succes.Does anyone know how many attempts i have? And what happens if i try too many times?
Hopefully someone has an idea!:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

see... i cant contact them becouse i bouth it like from friend friends...... so i try to do somethink my self.... or i need to reinstall software :smileyvery-happy:D
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

12345 is the deafult code for nokia 6300. It should work in your cell too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Michael,
I own an E50 series nokia but i forgot my lock code and i do not know how i can go about this..Could you please help?

Can anybody in the house help!!!!!!! i have missed a million calls.
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Hi Mayor,

If you do not know the security code, then you must take it to a Nokia Care Point and get them to reset it for you.
This will cost you as it will not be a warranty problem but a user created error.

You can find the nearest NCP to you at the Store Locator
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
from where we get the Old Ver of 6270 software... new software creating a problem in sound Quality...

Message Edited by samgreat143 on 12-Aug-2008 11:23 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I have a question about restoring the facctory settings? Does this erase all pin and security codes that have been put on the e phone by another user. This is for a Nokia N80 Internet Edition

Message Edited by angeldust82 on 14-Aug-2008 07:24 AM
Please use plain text.

Hey can you send me some more codes for nokia 7160...tnx
Please use plain text.

resetting the wallet code for 7160?

HI,

need to know on how to unlock my wallet info? I forgot all the password or code...there must be some error...also my LCD screen is blinking?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

18-Aug-2008 12:09 PM
calltone wrote:
Hey can you send me some more codes for nokia 7160...tnx

I think you'll find the 7160 is a rather old phone for which there are no such shortcuts other than:

*#7780# to revert to factory settings (even that might not work)

*#0000# to get the firmware version (works on all Nokia phones)

*#06# to get the IMEI number (works on all cellphones)

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: resetting the wallet code for 7160?

18-Aug-2008 12:15 PM
calltone wrote:
need to know on how to unlock my wallet info? I forgot all the password or code...there must be some error...also my LCD screen is blinking?

If it were possible to retrieve the wallet password it would be pretty pointless, wouldn't it?

Your only recourse here is to take the handset to a Nokia Care Point with proof of ownership, and they'll reset the phone (all the data it contains will be wiped).

There might be a fault with it anyway if the screen is blinking, so that means a trip to a Care Point anyway.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Hi MIchaels. i was woundoring if its leageal to ask for licence code for Navigation (maps) for NOKIA N82??

Moderator note: E-mail address removed.

Message Edited by dazz19 on 22-Aug-2008 03:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
dazz19

Hi maxsavelyev,

When it comes to the license codes for Nokia Maps, most sales packages will come with a 3 day trial license in order to test the voice navigation service.

Certain sales packages may come with a longer license period and this will be stated on the Sales Package itself.

I would suggest you contact Nokia directly by checking the Contact Us link at the top of the page to determine what your options are. The moderators do not play a support role on these boards and we are here to moderate the discussions only.

Regards,
Dazz19
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

N91 8GB

my n91 keeps dropping operator signals...any suggestions? have already tried factory reset but no go....
Please use plain text.

I have a 1600 with a voice mail symbol that won't go off. No unheared messages. Is there a code to reset it? Thanks for any info.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

I compiled some Nokia codes here on my blog.

http://xpressmusic.wordpress.com/nokia-phone-codes/

Cheers :smileywink:

FWIW the *#06# code isn't specific to Nokia phones. It's part of the GSM standard.

More here: http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/gsm_codes/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Re: N91 8GB

23-Aug-2008 02:14 PM
m00ncatcher wrote:
my n91 keeps dropping operator signals...any suggestions? have already tried factory reset but no go....

Is it intermittent? If yes there is a chance that it's antenna developed a fault on it - time when you need it to be sent to the Nokia Service Centre.

:smileywink: