Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Media safe registration problem

Media safe registration problem

Hi i have installed Media safe software in my nokia 6600 but that was a trial version it expired after 15 days and now all my important data is encrypted i have tried every thing but not able to get my data back

Can you please help me to get back my data decrypted.Please Help its very urgen data for me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

That's what happens when you use trial versions of encryption software and forget to decrypt everything before the trial expires.

Now, your choices are:

1) Pay for the registration and thus re-enable the software, allowing you to decrypt your data, or

2) Forget about your data.

The choice is yours.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Useful codes

*#7370# doesn't work on nokia 2600 classic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It wouldn't. The 2600 classic is a java-based S40 phone and the soft reset only works on Symbian S60v2 and later phones.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

Hi, I'm un-fortune to lose my nokia6300. I know the IMEI number, How can i get help to trace.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Your network are the only people that can help you.  They won't be able to trace it though.
Please use plain text.

Hi, psychomania,

Thanks your kindly reply, but our network can't provide any help. what can i do? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Report the phone as stolen to law enforcement and to your operator.

You're unlikely to get the phone back but your operator may enter its IMEI number into a database of stolen phones thus preventing the phone from working on their network. They'll also deactivate the SIM so that nobody can rack up a huge bill for you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If the local law enforcement and network won't help you then there is nothing that you can do.

There is nothing that nokia can do to help you as they cannot track or trace phones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

So am I to understand that when my memory card on my 6300 asks me for a password (even though I don't have one on there) there is nothing I can do?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It may not be you who set the password on the memory card, but if the phone is asking you for for one then one was set by someone. If this is the case then I'm afraid there really is nothing you can do except either remember the password or go and buy another card.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ateens123

Why not try atleast this:

1) Uninstall the app

2) Install again.

That might remove the expiration file and then make a new one.

Just a try :/

Please use plain text.

Hi

In reply to this post, I have recently purchased a Nokia n5800 off ebay, the phone is great only there is a load of music and stuff on it that I don't want and other music that doesn't play either.  I wondered if I returned the phone to factory settings would this  1) remove this music.

2) wipe my sim card ( I don't want this to happen)

3) wipe my connection settings for internet etc (again I don't want this to happen either)

Also is it the same code for all N5800 as you mentioned.

If I wasn't to use factory reset is there another way to rid my phone of this music, apart from deleting each song individually.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Just reformat the memory card.

Please use plain text.

Hi, can anyone tell me where i put the puk code in my nokia n73, i cant seem to find it so i can unlock my sim.i have changed network and am gutted i cant use my beloved nokia.and help would be appreciated.

thanx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The PUK code is not used when you change networks. You only need it if you've entered an incorrect PIN three times in succession thus locking your SIM. The phone will prompt you for it and you won't be able to do anything until you've entered it.

When you change networks and need to lift the SIMlock on your phone (the lock that prevents you from using a SIM from a network other than the original network that enforced the lock in the first place), you enter the restriction code.

The restriction code is a 15-digit code that you obtain from the network that locked the phone. You enter it by "dialling" thie following number, obviously replacing 123456789012345 with the restriction code you were given:

#pw+123456789012345+1#

The "+", "p" and "w" are obtained by pressing the '*' key 2, 3 and 4 times respectively.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

does any one know if theres a preset password when u insert ur memory card, j was updating my software and when j  inserted my memory card and now its askin 4 a password, j never had a password 4 my memory card...mini SD 1gb...tnx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

N80 codes

I've been using N80 for 3 years. Recently the sim card was upgraded.

Now, my problem is i could not use the phone using the new sim card. The phone was lock to the previous sim and i could not remember the lock code number. what should i do?

pls help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: N80 codes

[ Edited ]
You have two possibilities:

1) remember your security code. The good thing is that you have an unlimited number of attempts, although you'll have to wait 10 minutes or thereabouts if you enter an incorrect code 5 times in succession.

2) back up all your content and take the phone to a Nokia Care Point along with proof of ownership (so that they know that it's your phone and not one that you 'found'). The NCP will reset the phone completely, also resetting your security code to the default 12345, but you will lose all your content (hence having to do the backup before taking the phone in).
Message Edited by grschinon on 16-Jul-2009 09:00 AM

Please use plain text.