Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Useful codes

Registered Member

Can someone help me with this "little" problem?

I've recently updated firmware with official update from nokia web site on my nokia 6288 from 5.2 to 6.94 

After update was complete my phone was restarted and everything is working fine except for a fact that my memory card (mini sd 512mb) was locked after firmware update!

I've never had any password on my memory card but now my memory card is asking for a password...

Is there some universal code or password for unlocking my memory card?

Or is it possible to unlock my memory card in some other way but without losing any data on it?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

IMEI Number indications

Press the following on your mobile *#06# and the-international mobile equipment identity number appears. Then check the 7th and 8th numbers:

Phone serial no. : XXXXXX??XXXXXXX

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 02 or 20 this means your cell phone was assembled in Emirates which is very Bad quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 08 or 80 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Germany which is fair quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 01 or 10 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Finland which is very Good

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 00 this means your cell phone was manufactured in original factory which is the best Mobile Quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 13 this means your cell phone was assembled in Azerbaijan which is very Bad quality and also dangerous for your health

In net i got this information

My N79 IMEI 7th and 8th numbers are 02

It means that its a bad quality phone.........What can i do now?

the information i got is true or not...plz clarify my dount

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

That "information" about the IMEI number surfaces every few months and each and every time we debunk it.

It is nonsense. An urban legend and nothing more.

Futhermore, Nokia has manufacturing plants all over the world in order to respond as quickly as possible to local demand. This means that, regardless of the plant where your phone was manufactured, it will be made to exactly the same standards using exactly the same components assembled using exactly the same processes. It will be made to the same standards whether it's made in Hungary, Finland, China or anywhere else.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for your useful info
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Any codes for Nokia 5310 & Nokia 6303c.?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The same as for any other S40 phone. Read the beginning of this thread.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chanakapm

When we use below mentioned code

(*#06# - Find your phone's IMEI number (also on the product label inside the phone's battery casing)) 

we can see our device's serial number, then can we find our device origin using that serial number ?.

Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

but the origin post above is a lie. it's false they are all built to the same level of care. 

but some repair centres send them back bad :smileysurprised:)

Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.

hi.. I have nokia 5800 xpressmusic cell phone but its freezes up a lot..  though on memory card only 1.5gb has been used...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

And this has what, precisely, to do with USSD codes?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chirba4

i have a nokia 3110c my music player dosnt work no more it says no music files found so i put music on both the memory card and the phones bt still it ain working

and if i download application or games from internet with my cellphones it says application error .

what do i do now?

i tried all the code i saw up there the only 1 that worked didnt restore the phone to it's default it just  deleted some files

how do i flash my phone

am new to this so is there a software i kan use to flash my phone if yes send me a link and how to use the software

thnkx

Please use plain text.
Contributor
atirox

*I do not know if these codes are allowed to be posted. Most of them are harmless, as the parts that can do harm to your phone require you to enter in your Master Subsidy Lock.

For those of you still using CDMA based Nokia phones, the following work. (I have used them on a Nokia 2855i, and Nokia 6275i.)

*3001#12345# - NAM programming menu*. Allows you to program your Mobile Device Number (phone number), Authentication Key code, Emergency and service numbers, and allows access to the Network Monitor. Like the one in the old Nokia phones, but it will show much more information.

*#786# - Showes life timers for talk time and data usage.

*#22384# - Alternate method of enabling the Network Monitor.

*#3282# - Data services programming menu*. Allows you to change preferences and settings that relate to data services on your phone.

* Some or all options require you to enter your phone's Master Subsidy Lock. Contact your carrier to obtain this lock, but it should be noted that most carriers won't give you this code. There are alternate methods of retrieving this code, if you know what you're looking for. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

thanx alot for this wonderful codes

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

zoro06 wrote:

thanx alot for this wonderful codes

LOL zoro, you are such a spammer :smileyvery-happy:

Shameless.

Please use plain text.
khan8561

Re: Nokia 2626 Security Code Problem

i cant use another sim due to security code problem

Please use plain text.
khan8561

Re: Nokia 2626 Security Code Problem

[ Edited ]
Nokia 2626 Security Code Problem 
Hello there. Please I need your help. I switched SIM cards, and was asked for a security code on a Nokia 2626 phone. I have no personalized security code, neither have I used one before. I have tried 12345 but it still isn't working please help me on
Moderator's note:
removed email address. It is inaappropriate to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aya_n

*#7370# is not working on my 5130 xpressmusic . plz tell me how i reformat my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That code is for an S60 smartphone and does not work on your phone which has the more basic S40 operating system. You should try the Nokia Care Point for the issues you are experiencing.

Please use plain text.
mrsgee

Hi i have just bought my phone Nokia N5130 and its asking me for a password i have tried to enter my own password but its saying wrong password.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Is it asking for pin code? If so contact your network or check the paper work supplied with your sim card for that.

Is it asking for a lock code? If so the default code is 12345. If that fails to work you will need to contact the retailer or the person you bought it from.
Please use plain text.