Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Video Player not working after Belle Update on my ...

Registered Member
yusefghabel

Video Player not working after Belle Update on my N8

[ Edited ]

I updated my nokia N8-00. it's not playing flv files and all other flash contents. First few seconds screen halts on the image of first frame of video then screen goes whte and flash player's symbol small "f " shows on top left corner. Although I have reinstalled Belle but problem still remains as it was.

Solution please

Personal Message me

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sutanshu

Re: Video Player not working after Belle Update on my N8

Same problem..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xcharlf

Same to me :smileysad:
I need the video player badly since I used it in my school project..
Please respond fast and provide the solution, nokia guys!!
Thanks a lot
Please use plain text.
Advisor
drzap00

You have copied my post. But Any solution ?
Dr. ZAP
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same here ...
video Player lost its capability to play .flv files after belle update ..
perhaps have to wait for some updates from Nokia ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lbanias

Same happens to me. I read elsewhere that it only plays small flv no more than 25 MB.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It's not playing my 24 MB .flv file ..
so .. tht 25 MB thing is not correct i think ..

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Thanks for your feedback, the video issues with Nokia Belle are currently under investigation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
operabird

I have the same problem too after i upgraded my n8 to belle. But something weird is some of the flv can be played smoothly as usual(the file is larger than 100mb). but some of the flv will just hang there and crash(the files only around 20mb~30mb)
Please use plain text.
drvinod007

Re: Video Player not working after Belle Update on my E7

HERE also same problem ....plz help

Please use plain text.
arrows

Me too :smileysad: my phone can't playing video player (FLV)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvandi

i have the same problem..nokia please please fix...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neopatricks

same here with  me ..i updated my e6 from anna to belle and flv wont play.....hellllp

Please use plain text.
xTommyx

With avi file is also the problem the playback.

Problem with bitrate more than 1500 kb/s.

I hope fixed Nokia quickly this problem!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hungnghiem1964

Keep waiting for Nokia!!!!:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Until Nokia fixes the problem, converting flv to avi or mp4 using Format factory or similar is the temporary solution.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
drvinod007

Why Older devices like the Nokia E7,N8 left behind in feature pack 1 ?

What nokia is doing ??? ..... Release update feature pack 1 for Nokia 700, Nokia 701, and Nokia 603, why Older devices like the Nokia E7, the Nokia and the Nokia N8 appear to be left behind ....???

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Re: Why Older devices like the Nokia E7,N8 left behind in feature pack 1 ?

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

Nokia regularly delivers software updates to all Nokia phones to give users both performance improvements as well as additional features, this includes the capability to play .FLV files in future software releases, Currently Flash is in hands of Adobe to further develop on various mobile platforms.

This Nokia Belle Feature Pack has been tailored for and will be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700, and Nokia 701. Due to hardware requirements and specifications, the Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 will not be made available to other Symbian devices. 

Nokia made Belle available early in February, now already millions of consumers have downloaded Nokia Belle.

As stated before, Do not worry, Nokia is committed to continue software support for Symbian through 2016. 

So expect more to come for Symbian^3 devices.

All the best,

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tarounen

i have the same problem with my Nokia E7. The exact problem is that sometimes it plays the videos, but sometimes not!!!!!! Also if the video is working and i use the commands like ''>>'' tje video freezes and the player stops responding!...
Tarou
Please use plain text.
jreivers1979

Re: Why Older devices like the Nokia E7,N8 left behind in feature pack 1 ?

Well John, just updating flash support will not help the fact that some of my avi files now freeze if i try and fast forward or skip to later part of video, and, as an owner of an N8 i won't get the update anyway from what i've heard. Shouldn't give updates if they are worse than before, especially when devices can't receive bug fixes for that update like my N8. Lots of unhappy symbian lovers out there who would be happy to be able to go back to anna as it didn't have the problems that belle has. 

Please use plain text.