Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Voice command interrupts my music only when he...

Accepted Solution

Voice command interrupts my music only when headphones are inserted-Nokia N8

I need help, Everytime I plug in my earphones to my Nokia N8  and I click on play music, I get the voice command message saying "speak now" and I keep clicking "quit"  the the message "No match found " appears. I quit but It keeps coming back, meaning I cannot listen to music unless I unplug my headphones.

This is totally anuisance.Please help

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Voice command interrupts my music only when headphones are inserted-Nokia N8

It sounds as if the screen is receiving input from your inadvertently touching it. just lock the screen when listening to music.

N86 8mp: RM-485,0590552; Version 20.115 - 6/29/2009. - -- E71-2; RM-357; 0569371; Version 100.07.76 - 6/08/2008.
N8; N900
Please use plain text.

Re: Voice command interrupts my music only when headphones are inserted-Nokia N8

Hi Effortful, It does not work. I tried, same message keeps popping up.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pe_h

Are you using the earphones that came with N8, is the call/answer button working properly.

Please use plain text.

Yes I am using the Nokia earphones, Do you mean the call answer buttons on the earphones? I have also tried other earphones and the error keeps popping up.

Please use plain text.

Thanks Pe_h

I think its the answer button with the nokia ear phones. I have used others and it works smoothely.

Problem is with my Nokia Earphones.

NimuJ

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pe_h

I had similar problem with older nokia compatible hf-headset. I think the older ones (10+ years) have different connector pin assignments.
Please use plain text.
neli

NOT SOLVED !!! I have the same problem, nokia x6 work with the same earphones perfectly.The problem is in software!

Please use plain text.
roostersr74

[ Edited ]

Not solved for me even after calling tech support, I want to use the N8 as my primary music source in my car, connected to an ordinary headphone jack attached to my car stereo. Tech turned down the VC input to nothing and it worked for about 1 night. Now, repeatedly goes off for no reason as soon as I plug in and start to play music. When you pay $400 for an unlocked device, you expect everything to be perfect for the price : (

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

common issue here is hitting the menu button without realizing.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nikey027

HEYYYYYY! just had this issue with my dr dre beats, i pulled the jack out of the phone litterally maybe a few ml, it clicked again, and music played fine?????? although push it fully in the voice activation sillly thing starts going again and again, try it.....
Please use plain text.