Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: WLAN keeps disconnecting on N8

Counsellor
exeterwayne

WLAN keeps disconnecting on N8

I now have a new problem with my Nokia N8. When i'm connected to my WLAN netwrok, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I've reset my router several times. but it keeps doing it. It happends when i use the Dukto App and when I download files onto the N8. It's really starting to annoy me know. How can I get the N8 to stay connected to the WLAN network?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jrashy

I have just got an N8 and having simipar problems .I can connect via WLAN and view info but the minute I try to download anything ( eg OVI store) my connection goes but not only that its disconnecting the other 3 pcs in my house even though connection on pcs says connected browsers stop wont work and I have to switch bt hub off and on and reboot to get connected again ! Anyone have a solution ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelevra

Somrthing about the bthome hub i believe.

Check in the hub settings, see if you can disable the N type wireless, and try again.  Leave B/G active.  try downloads again.  

If no joy go back to hub settings and set it back the way it was.

Please use plain text.
Sage
theStapler

I go back and forth between two countries. in my house in mainland europe which has a Bluewin router, what you are describing happens all the time, then in the UK my phone works perfectly fine thorugh my virgin media wireless hub. Also works fine through all other routers and public wlan etc.

So yeah i agree with kelevra, it has something to do with the hub. I dont know if theres a solution. probably not. its just once again down to nokia cutting corners with their sofware again i suppose.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jrashy

Thanks Kelevra tried it and its worked !

Please use plain text.