Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What is better alternative for Nokia E63

Advisor
sayefhussain
Accepted Solution

What is better alternative for Nokia E63

I have been using E63 for the last more than two years. But over the years it seems that it became a little slower, particularly internet serfing was quite a bit bothersome. My request is: please help me fnd out an advanced and improved version of E-63, 73 etc with blzing speed and improved functions over and above the ones could be found in E63, like the office suit, email etc. I tries Asha 302, but am disappointed! (I don't like to leave E63, but helpless for its sucking performance!). Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sayefhussain

Yes, a little addition to my earlier post:-

The set should have QWERTY keypad, and the price would better be in the same range as that of E63!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Sayefhussain!

Welcome to the Nokia forums.

If you are having troubles searching for a new device, I suggest trying our website and using the compare product function, where you can specify input options and style of phone to find the device best suited to your needs!

Have fun browsing!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sayefhussain

@Sheldrick, thanks for your response. The website you've referred to is really a great one. I liked the set E6-00, with a small glitch however! Its processor is 680 MHz ARM 11. How sweet would it have been had the processor been 850 MHz or above. The price is also on a bit higher side. Nokia should develop something to replace E63! Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

@sayefhussain

DONT BUY E6!!!!!!!!!

If you want to use E6 for business better buy a BB or NokiaE72.

I have two Nokias E6 and E72(had a Bold 9780,too)...and believe me I cant work with the E6.

There are NO EMail notifications, no POPUP that an Email arrived...nothing!! So forget it to work with that phone..!

You cant have EMAIL WIDGET and Calendar Widget on one screen!!Thats sick! A businessphone should have this things without any problems!!

The camera is without AutoFocus..so for business not good!

The NOTIFICATION Light wont work..they put a wrong keypad into the phones so you cantsee the LED when somebody calls you. The Light doesnt work when an EMail arrives...I dont know why...!!There is no option to change the settings, even when they will change the keypads in future...!

I thing nokia forget that the E6 should be a businessphone..:/!!

I use my old E72 for business again because the E6 is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

RAM is better in E6 than in E72 but for businessstuff the E72 is fast enough!

The quality of E72 and E6 is very good, better than in BB 9780, but I dont know if better than in BB 9900!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sayefhussain

@owca83, thanks for the very valuable comments and feedback on E6. You've saved my day. I almost made up my mind to purchase E6 as next phone. Now I won't!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

@sayefhussain

no problem:smileyhappy:

thats not only my opinion...read some other threads on this forum!People are getting angry and frustrating because of nokia and belle.

I dont really know, why nokia release a phone without major businessfunction!

I allways thought that people who buy qwerty phones use them to write a lot of Emails and messages...but now I think Nokias managers dont know about that!

maybe nokia will fix this all bugs..but for now better buy an other phone!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

well, I have other things to say about the E6. Have used it more or less since june 2011 and after Belle it has improved overall vastly.

Some improvemts coming in next update also and the device is great actually which it wasnt on Anna.

Manage to get main email account and calender on screen 1 also...btw, notification light for missed sms/mms and calls are solved for newer produced handsets and if not, solution is available. for emails there is sound and vibration alert and that is enough to me and more or less a most business people. popup emails,,,LOL,,,popsms yes I have, it but if there were popups all the the time my phone would be a christmas tree in a shopping mould..just my opinion among many other business users...

Less is more...

E6 has qualities now in perfection in internet access over 3G, wlan and phone calls. Indeed very nice audio quality and brilliant clarity of voice calls.

Dependeble and never hangs ot restarts on Belle.

Shortcuts to calender sms and/or email and contacts are just great and qwerty keyboard is 10 points.

Furthermore, if you are clear want you really want and how you can compromise you certainly would pay less attention to problems with notification light cause there is soultion for this and finally; on Belle the email client is great and soon you will haveanother updates that improves widgets and OneNotes from microsoft even on E6.

I have no problem with E6 but the learning curve is steeper than for example Nokia 701.

I use over the air sync of email, calender, todo, notes and onenotes and that is with 2 pc:s and my Nokia 701 and E6.

Everything just works and with minimal cost.

A lot of tweeks I have done of course but I try to solve issues and dont spending hours and letting small problems be a wall of worries. Cosmetic in certain shouldnt be a problem for a real business man who cares about functionality primarly.

PS  The GPU makes video streaming far smoother than on E72. It is not all about CPU and RAM...E72 dont even have GPU like the E6...writing this on my E6 so if there is a lot of misspelling I say, forgive me.

E6 is better than any other mono block qwerty in the market overall.

I have started to use my E6 every day after Belle and some other features...

I would advise you to pick up a used E6 on the market cause people are dropping the phone before the great updates which will make E6 a perfect companion soon.

Dont let small things like calende widget stop you (solution is out there all ready), but of course if lightning flashed email popups is the most important thing, buy somethin else but then again, perhaps you miss all the good stuff that is working excellent on E6....

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

@ZTUKA,

what do you mean with christmastree and popup and LOL???
In my opinion when an EMail arrives and your EMail Widget is not on your first and main screen(what probably is-because of the the size of this big widget) you wont know of incoming mails...!ok there is a vibration-just over 3sec and a beep,ok but sometimes you arent able to hear the beep because of the noise..so you can miss for the whole day EMails...thats what popus and notifications light for!! Thats nothing to do with christmastree and your LOL!
In E72, E71, BB there are notifications lights and popups and E72 isnt a Christmasstree and isnt LOL!!??

Whats is working excellent on E6?
the batterylife? Max 2days?
The keylock?
WiFi?

and many many other stuff...

Why should he buy a phone and wait till nokia will give us some fixes...i am waiting few months right now ..... and nothing!!!

The E6 is a good quality phone(materials) but for business the phone is not good enough!To play games, there are more better phones like C7, N8.

I hope that nokia will give us some fixes but till then I am gonna say everybody about the bugs.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sayefhussain

Nokia E63 was released in Nov 2008, and its cousin E72 was released in June 2009. These were about 3/4 years ago, and in tech world this is decades long! This series were very good, and also were very decently priced. But strangely, Nokia is not bringing out latest versions of these business sets. WHY? Is there any dearth of demand for business sets, and demands for only musics, drums and trash?!?

Thanks. But Come on Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

well, I just giving my thoughts of a brilliant and effective, super stable and powerful business phone for an effecient business man.

Anyhow, I here just some screen shots of 2 of 3 homescreens on my E6 and how I have structured the folders of 5 selected areas.

Belle is great and some updates that comes along willl make E6 super great for daily use for a business man.

If the notification of emails is that important, buy Lumia...it has email icons that shows missed emails even for 4 email accounts, but of course no light indications...

I have discovered that E6 with Belle is moving in the right directions regarding emailing, surfing, multitasking, stability and speed enogh for office use and super solid connecting to wlan, 3G, blutooth file sending to and from different devices and several other stes of head phones.

The qwerty is brilliant and short keys are great, including the key lock.

The camera is more than good for shooting videos and also macro photo shooting and far better than most devices in this price range. sure autofocus would be a nice feature but it isnt a deal breaker to me. the cam is overall far better tham the cam on E72, faaaar better.

As I mentio before, there is more to come from Nokia regarding software updates and that includes cosmetic features as widgets.

I use some of coming features already and I am pleased with E6, finally after 9 months of experience with the device.

E6 is also built to last so it will be to satis factory in due time. However the notification light for emails perhaps can be solved by the developer of remindme in furute updates. Email the devoloper of remindme and ask, just an idea. I ask all the time behind this forum about updates and improvements and i get reponse from many of them. Nokia is doing great nowadays regarding updates in particalry the belle area and forthcoming pr1 and pr2 packs for belle/carla..

Again just some screen shots examples for my E6. For productivty E6 with the forthcoming updates will be fantastic and the phone will last then for some years to come.

I didnt recomend E6 to some collegues in december but now I do cause of speed, stability and the upcoming updates.

PS battery is as good as it can be, but the best thing is that i can replace it on-the -fly. I have a spare battery in my wallet so if i streaming internet radio for around 6 hours over 3G I then change the battery

The battery lasts at least around 42 hours 24/7 with 4 email accounts syncing emails every 30 minutes and 90 mintues of web browsing and some calls and other stuff. I charge the battery every night however cause that makes the battery live longer in the long run. you shouldnt discharge the battery fully before you charge it btw.

I hope that a mew mono blocj qwerty eill be released from Nokia and a screen that is 30% bigger. Then also the webbrowsing will be less harnful to my eyes...

Lets hope that will happen.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Sage
bbnaco

Ztuka:

Please tell me the name of your calender widget in your screenshot.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

In the screen shots examples I posted here, it is this;

cal widget

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

@ZTUKA,

whats the name of the app with your exp.: 'dailyapps'??

I know the other apps-mobile documents-very good app

calendar app is good too.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Actually it is this, Thumbnailfolders, but it seems that only the free is available for E6 right now.

I think the free ones can be upgraded for 1 Euro after installation on E6.

The free admits 2 folders I think, and the other as many as you like. You may bump into problems that some folders only will show 3 icons inside the folder, but then rebuild a new folder and then send the icons one by one to that one.

Finally it is working just great and I like it.

It is pretty and it makes daily work more easy too. Hate scrolling...

ThumbnailFolder

Yes, about the Mobile documents it is not the best for E6 due to font sizes when opening emails but I have done some settings in the application Fontmagnifier inside the E6 to make it at least work properly. Use it primarly for an IMAP corporate account, that is my main email account also. perhaps will go to Office 365 later on this year aftr I know what things that the Belle phones will hve in the next updates..

I remind you all to email the developer for Mobile Documents and RemindMe to develope their apps further on for great usability on E6 and other coming qwerty phones that surely will arrive due in time.

At least I think we will see more of these handy devices, with or without Carla, Donna or even Windoes Phone 8...

Well now time for some exercises for my poor body...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Just a short screen snap of my Nokia 701.

Notice that I on this screen have 2 email accounts with small widgets.

Also notice that one have a notice of incoming email.

I think and hope that this feature will come in the next update to Nokia E6 as it would be very handy for viewing just which email acoount that has a arrived email..

I will send Nokia an amail that they considering keeping that small widget for people who has a couple of email accounts and dont want/need big widgets. Complements the  main email account that hopefuly will have better email widget in the upcoming updates than the current huge one..

Please use plain text.
Sage
bbnaco

Ztuka wrote:

In the screen shots examples I posted here, it is this;

cal widget

The FREE version of that app is not available for my E6. Only DONATE version is there but I cannot buy it because I do not have a credit card and no operator billing for my operator.

So I got the E7 version and installed it.

But here, nearly half of the widget space is obscured by the "Coming Next" title! :smileysad:

And the font is too small.

Is there a way to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

@bbnaco

here you got an alternative.

Its almost the same

widget 1:

http://store.ovi.com/content/213724?clickSource=search&pos=4

widget 2:

http://store.ovi.com/content/213725?clickSource=search&pos=5

BizCalendar - 1/3 widget 1.2

From INFOTECH

Please use plain text.

Best alternative for E63 is E5-00 .. keep the price bracket in mind.. it is available in the same price range of E63 and just an updgrade model of it .. sorry if im late but go for E5 if u r really an economical user :smileyhappy: cheers

Please use plain text.