Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

What is the best Nokia for dictator recording, har...

What is the best Nokia for dictator recording, hardware wise eg speaker and mic?

hi im looking for an upgrade to replace my ageing N70, its so superb at voice recording, i bought the psolic extended recorder and personally use it as a dictator phone. Thing is, im looking to upgrade soon and i wanted a better or equally superior phone than this.

I tried the N73 but the recording quality and playback was bad compared to my n70.

I need suggestions on a good nokia, one with normal buttons (not thin like n82), reasonable camera (2 or 3.2mp, dont mind 5mp), and good battery life.

Thanks
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: What is the best Nokia for dictator recording, hardware wise eg speaker and mic?

I'd suggest the N95 with the following caveat: you might be disappointed with battery life.

The built-in voice recorder will record in AMR-NB (low quality) or WAV (mono, 16-bit, 8KHz sampling rate), either of which is fine for a dictaphone but the WAV quality is indeed much better. Another advantage of using WAV format is that it'll record for an hour (with no extra software) instead of only a minute.

There's a 5MP camera, so it ticks that box.

About battery life - there are many things you can do to improve it such as switch off UMTS if you don't need it, make sure WLAN scanning and Bluetooth are off if you don't need them, set a short timeout for the backlighting etc. You can probably get 2 days out of a battery if you don't do any heavy duty stuff like video playback and recording, taking loads of pictures etc. You're obviously going to be playing with your new toy for a while after you've acquired it, and a new battery requires a few charge/discharge cycles before it reaches optimal capacity anyway, so don't be put off by the frequency with which you'll need to charge it initially.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Mobile Guru
friedbrains

Re: What is the best Nokia for dictator recording, hardware wise eg speaker and mic?

i would suggest the E90, coz it has a dedicated recording button and the battery life is outstanding, you might want to look at E71 as well...