Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Whatsapp and E63 problem

Registered Member
ronnie12

Whatsapp and E63 problem

Hi. I've been using E63 for the past 3 years. And had whatsapp installed for more than a year. Recently, my phone started slowing down terribly. At first I thought it was a memory problem. So i cleaned up my phone. Also did a hard reset/soft reset and all. Updated software. Nothing has worked for the past 3 months. After my phone would slow down, I'd usually remove my battery/sim/memory card and try restarting it. It worked fine for a few weeks. Now i have no other apps installed and the moment i install whatsapp, my phone stops working altogether: becomes slow, cant read texts/missed call notifs/etc. The moment i uninstall whatsapp, everything works fine.

What seems to be the problem? Please help immediately.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Whatsapp and E63 problem

Hi ronnie12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately we cannot help you with any of the third party applications. Your phone may be slowing down because the application is not fully optimised to run on your device. So, we would advise you to contact Whatsapp directly and see if they have a solution to the issue. You can contact Whatsapp support here.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
divyaaj

I have been facing the same problem for a few months with my E63. I have checked with a lot of friends and colleagues, and this appears to only be a problem with Nokia phones, not Android, Blackberry or any other models. Is it possible that this has something to do with the settings for Symbian phones? This is a huge issue for me atleast cos Whatsapp is what I use to keep in touch with friend across the country and abroad. Frankly, while I am very happy with my phone otherwise, I see no choice but to buy an Android if this persists. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
divyaaj

Hi, would really appreciate a response on this. I would like to add that I have already mailed Whatsapp several times in the past few months, and have been informed that this may be a problem with the data service from Vodafone (which may be blocking non-HTTP connections). This still doesn't explain to me why only Nokia models have this issue, while other models using the same data services from Vodafone are not. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fawkes9988

Hello, Ronnie and Divya.

I have been facing the exact same problem as you guys. But this problem seems to be existing only with Vodafone users who are using Whatsapp on E63. I have friends using other network providers on E63 and have no problem with Whatsapp. I got my sim card changed, updated phone software, did hard and soft reset, everything, but to no avail.
The Nokia Care guys say that it must be network problem, while the guys at Vodafone say that it must be a phone problem.
I even wrote emails to Whatsapp and they aren't of any help either.
One solution I may see for this is, installing Whatsapp on the memory card. Right now it is installed on phone memory and giving problems. I wonder if the problems will persist if you install it on the memory card. Problem is, I don't see how to install whatsapp on the memory card memory. Any idea?

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fawkes9988

Okay guys, I tried this really simple thing last night and it seems to have worked for me.
Whatsapp is generally stored in the 'Installations' folder in your menu. Take the cursor over the whatsapp icon, click on Options > Move to folder > Root folder.
Now Whatsapp will appear on the main menu of your phone, outside the Installations folder.
I did this randomly last night and all day today my whatsapp has been working fine, without my phone hanging or anything of the sort.
Try it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Abzz

Hey,

fawkes9988.. I wanted to ask you if this solution is still working fine?

Because though this solution seems stupid, I m very positive about it, as I also remember the previous user of my mobile E63 had his Software stored in the Root Folder too and he never had any problem with WhatsApp whatsoever... 

Thank a Lot.. Just want to confirm, is it still working good for you?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arungamer

Its still not working brother ! Please help me .
Please use plain text.
thulanijosh

Good-day
I've been for a year trying to regain my whatsapp account after re-installing it having had expiriencing problems of it being too slow and freezing my phone(nokia e63).It just stucks on initializing now.I tried almost everything i could think of...when I finally decided to call my network provider(cell c)after mention that i also have a problem with opening an e-mail account through my phone with set up wizard that it stucks on connecting to server,they said they cant help i should contact nokia support.which i tried but found wasn't convinient since the number wasnt a toll-free and the call was discoonected without my above mentioned concerns where not met because of a R 15.00 exausted air time,in any case I really need assistance PLEASE!!!!
How do I resolve this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Perhaps time has come to backup your E63 using Nokia Suite and return device to factory state by keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by user).  By it's very nature WhatsApp is an aggressive application which establishes it's own network connection to ensure that it keeps you up to date.

With reference to setting up Email, you are using a network data connection to authorise connection in the first place, although can be changed to WLAN access point afterwards?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

thulanijosh, your phone uses the operating system ‘Symbian/S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1’. That is good, because all these phone models behave very much like yours. Because of this, we can start an Internet search … but wait a second: We do not have the exact wording of your error message! Consequently, give us the the note/warning/error you are facing in WhatsApp and in Email.

Because this might relate to your Internet configuration of the overall phone, which network operator do you use? I need this, because I have to figure out the access-point name for you. Then we can go for Nokia » Menu » Tools » Settings » Connection » Access points. Please, delete all except two: your Wi-Fi and your current network-operator’s Internet. If you do not find the latter, remove everything and go for Options » New access point » Access point name» there you enter the name you found at the above APNChanger website. Now, try again.

Did that work already?

Please use plain text.