Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Which memory card brand is compatible with Nokia N...

Counsellor
darryartman

Which memory card brand is compatible with Nokia N70?

Hello good people, i want to expand the memory of my Nokia N70 by putting in a 512MB memory card. Can someone please tell me the most compatible brand of memory card for Nokia N70 apart from Nokia brand? Thanks in anticipation of your swift response.
Darry
Professor
power_user

Re: Which memory card brand is compatible with Nokia N70?

yes,
there are other BRANDs to select a DV-RS-MMC from.

You can try finding NEC,MAGU,PANASONIC,KINGSTONE(this card is very slow),Olympus etc..

NOTE: Be sure that you buy the Dual Voltage Multimedia Card for your N70.

Cheers,
KATH.
(if you find me helpful, please RATE my posts by selecting the YES button bellow,thanks again)
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Mobile Visionary
nj7_

18-Jan-2007
03:50 PM
darryartman wrote:
Hello good people, i want to expand the memory of my Nokia N70 by putting in a 512MB memory card. Can someone please tell me the most compatible brand of memory card for Nokia N70 apart from Nokia brand? Thanks in anticipation of your swift response.
Darry

You have a lot of choices... But search for a fast one!
Mobile Guru

sandisk cards are good :smileytongue:
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Counsellor
warped_reality

I had bought my N70 in India and bought a 1GB DV MMC at the Frankfurt Airport from a company called Transcend. It works like a charm.. I believe you can buy this card in Europe.. coudln't find any here in the US.
Counsellor
darryartman

Please could you tell me the brand name of the one you bought at Transcend which you claimed works like a charm?
Counsellor
warped_reality

Hey.. sorry for the late reply.

well.. I was on a Europe trip and I'd bought this card made by a company called Transcend (1GB MMC .. the dual voltage thing) at a mall in Berlin .. in a cellphone store in the Mall... not quite sure where it was..

hope this helps..
Advisor

i want to change my card too,but what this "dual voltage" card???
Special MMC?
Counsellor
warped_reality

The original 64MB card that came with my N70 had a rating of 1.8/3.3V Dual Voltage and so I remembered to buy the same rating Dual Voltage card when I was looking for a 1GB card..

Hope this helps..
Professor
power_user

25-Jan-2007
08:18 PM
vastril4o wrote:
i want to change my card too,but what this "dual voltage" card???
Special MMC?

yes !!!! may be said as SPECIAL !

The built in card reader in the n70 works on the 1.8 volts.
So, you need a memory card that supports 1.8 volts.

It is a matter of sorrow that there is NO card in the market that ONLY supports 1.8 volts. So, you have to buy a card that support both 1.8 and 3.0 volts and this kind of cards are available in the market.

Buy a card of the above type and they may be called "MMC Mobile" or "DV-RS-MMC(dual voltage reduced size MMC)".

Cheers,
KATH
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Counsellor
darryartman

Warped_reality,
How long have you been using your Transcend MMC in your N70 and what have been your experience so far. I have read in this forum and others about Nokia phone users having nasty experiences with a particular brand of MMC i.e Kingston and i just want to avoid that.
I wish you well.
Counsellor
warped_reality

Hi

I've been using this card since August of 2006 and it's done really well for me. No issues whatsoever, photos or any file transfer is clean and good.

In fact funny thing is, when I turn on camera mode(the one on the back), it shows 59:59 as remaining capacity for recording video and I think some 3000 for taking photos hehe..

Hope this helps..
Counsellor
darryartman

Hi warped_reality,
I will have to go out tomorrow and look for this card.
One more question, do i have to format it before putting it to use?
I wish you well.
Counsellor
warped_reality

Yes I formatted the card before using it. Although I don't know if I had to, it being a brand new card and everything and I wouldn't lose any data.

Hope this helps..
Counsellor
warped_reality

Hey DarryArtMan.. Did you get to go get a card? Did it work out well for you? I think you should post here to help out others as well.. :-)
Counsellor
darryartman

Hi Warped_reality, i could not get the Transcend MMC to buy here in my country and i'm thinking of contacting a friend in UK to help me buy it and send it to me.
Whenever i am able to get it and see how it works, i will definetely post here so as to assist other people who may be having the same problem.
Thanks for your concern.
I wish you well.