Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why does Nokia E7 keep on restarting ???

Registered Member
shah2020

Why does Nokia E7 keep on restarting ???

I have just bought this Nokia E7 from Singapore. Since my purchase I have noticed my phone keeps on restarting all the time. When I am browsing through my contacts or going through my sms, all of sudden the screen goes white and the NOKIA logo comes and it restarts. Did a installation of firmware and hardreset too.

I took it to Nokia Singapore and they kept the phone for a few hours and said the problem is solved. The problem still continues and Nokia Singapore cannot help me further.

Also I cannot install Nokia OVI Application on my E7, it dowloads the file then says installation failed.

Can anyone help me why this is happening to such a expensive phone please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

i would return it to the nokia care center to be honest and tell them its not solved

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Unfortunately the hard reset deletes more than it should, probably QT related. Ovi store cannot be installed unless Nokia releases a fix or a Nokia care point flashes the whole software on to your phone again.

When returning to the Nokia care point you have to tell them as mentioned above, and that they have to reflash the whole package on to your device again.

My E7 forced me to do a hard reset as it would not boot, but a NPC in Norway fixed it by a total reflash. Your Nokia care point should know how to do this and have the tools for it.

The random reboots may be caused by a faulty sim card, but its likely that it may be a hardware fault.

The Nokia care point in Singapore should help you. Telling you that they cannot fix it is not acceptable.

You could however try to get it replaced from the store you bought it from. You can also contact Nokia direct by using the 'contact us' tab on the top of this page to forward a complaint and/or ask for further help.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
MyE7

[ Edited ]

I am surprised that there has not been much said about this recently. I have been playing with the E7 and it seems to keep restarting on me, sometimes when I try to access the mailbox and other times it just restarts before it even loads up everything. 

Who's had this experience? I've googled this and this thread is all I could find.. as if there is no one else experiencing this? 

Full review on this will be at www.mye72.blogspot.com once we are done with it.. for now we want answers! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have an open thread with the exact same topic. There are two others on this board as well. The two others had issues with specific applications they had installed. I have not found that to be the case, but after the first week, mine is not restarting as often. Only about 3-4times a day on its own.

There does not seem to be a commonality between when it restarts.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CountofUndolpho

Mine's still doing it as well - just putting the new software on to see if that helps!

Usually bombs when you try and do something "as it wakes up" if you know what I mean!

I'll let you know how I go on!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CountofUndolpho

Update!

Phone borked lost USB connection when updating and wouldn't reconnect - plain white screen!! Tried rebooting and restarting the install it connects and then disconnects cyclically.

Trying a restore see if that works!

Fingers crossed

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CountofUndolpho

Restored and updated. Thank goodness! Let's hope it's stable!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CountofUndolpho

So far so good!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

That's good, but my Norwegian country variant hasn't got the update yet and I am not having any random reboots. However, might be an app or two you have or some setting added which runs better with the new update! Let's cross fingers for a working E7 now!

If not, I suggest you get it repaired at a Nokia care point.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hanson1989

Hi Shah2020,

Any updates on the repair status? Facing similar issues with my E7. Bloody fustrating. Will probably head down to the Care Centre once I can find the time.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CountofUndolpho

I've had to do a hard reset in the end as it got to the point of just cycling on boot. Good news is it hasn't rebooted - bad news the ROM is incomplete. No OVI Store and can't install it so can't put any new aps on. Good luck with yours!
Please use plain text.
Ken13559

I'm surprise that this problem goes back Feb 2011. I just got my E7 yesterday and it keeps restarting just like what you guys experience. I would expect Nokia, being at fore-front of mobile technology, would have got the problem lick in no time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
andunesilme

[ Edited ]

Actually I experienced similar behaviour with my previous phone (Nokia E70). If I was trying to make a call the phone would restart itself and only after restart let me make the call. I thought it was not that big of a deal, since I didn't make calls so often (mostly text-messages etc), but that (the restarting) was the only reason I decided to get a new phone eventually (the problem got worse over time. I had the phone for 6 years and only in 2 last years that behaviour occurred). And now I have a phone that restarts even more often (e7-00, mostly when i'm not using it, but sometimes if i try to write txt message, or use navigator or browser.. it must have something to do with the touch  screen, 'cause when i write txt messages with the keyboard it doesnt crash), im somewhat disappointed.

Maybe I should go to the Care Center and see what they come up with.. Last time with my E70, they got nothing and the problem remained.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
syphear

I have found that I cant install OVI apps when F-secure is running. Turn off F-secure and the apps install fine
Please use plain text.
zika19

greetings! i hava the same problem also, have you solved yours? is it a software or hardware problem? thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GOSSSAMER

My E6 used to constantly restart on me for no reason.  Very annoying. 

I switched my Network mode from dual mode to GSM because 3G was causing the restarts. 

I also noticed on a few occasions that the restarts wouldnt happen until connecting the phone

to me computer and update the phone's Ovi software. 

My phone is fine now.  no more restarts but I dont know how it got fixed.  I can use 3G also. 

I did reset the phone a few times.  Just seems like the last reset did the trick. 

Please use plain text.
steventheone

The moment I try to make a call the phone freezes and restarts. I don't know what to do. Where can I find a Nokia care centre if this is neccessary to go there. 

Please use plain text.
DJSaiman

I also bought a Nokia E7 and just after six days began to restart itself naturally went to the phone service of Nokia and from there told me that I have to pay 220 euros for kav **bleep** my pelvis guarantee me what I'm guilty of that their phone is rubbish it is 6 days and was purchased!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lara7705

Well it's a whole year since the first post in this thread about the E7 restarting and it seems Nokia are still pumping out dud phones!

My problem is made worse by the fact I WILL NEVER deal with a NCP EVER AGAIN after my last experience.

I got this E7 in Jan 2012 as a replacement for the E7 I had that had a faulty charger port. I fought tooth and nail against my local NCP before out of the blue I got a call saying they will replace the phone (they did not except any liability, it was more just a way of getting rid of me).

They replaced the phone with what appears to be an alien version of the one I had. Apart from the charger port problem my first E7 was perfect. This "new" one restarts itself at any time with no warning - in the middle of a phone call!, or typing a text! I'm about ready to throw it against a wall for the amount of data I have lost and have had to re-type.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I can do that might help - that DOES NOT involve going to a NCP.

And does anyone have any suggestions for what phone I should buy next? Naturally it WILL NOT be a Nokia

Please use plain text.