Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

WiFi in N73?

Counsellor

WiFi in N73?

Hello Champs,

Anybody has any idea of WiFi enabling in N73, I saw many threads saying Symbion OS doesnt support WiFi, but any new findings on this? We got new firmware update recently for N73, so does that make any changes to our earlier findings on WiFi in N73?

Nokia, Pl try to have a WiFi in your upcoming firmware updates. I had seen many minus with lot of plus in N73. Try to overcome al the issues noted by customers to save N series.

Thanks,
Dileep.

Also you can see my other topics,
1. Animated wallpaper for N-Series mobiles.
2. Animated SMS's for N-Series.
3. Nokia N-73 recording sucks !
4. How to connect N73 with my laptop using bluetooth.
5. WiFi in N73?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: WiFi in N73?

Wi-Fi is nothing to do with software, it's all about hardware.

The N73 doesn't have the hardware to do wi-fi. It's a total impossibilty to enable wi-fi on a device that doesn't have the needed internal hardware.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Oh ok, Thanks, now I got it. Then do you think Nokia changed the hardware for later versions of N-Series like N95 to include wi-fi? In that case I don't have options to get wi-fi anyway, so I am planning to use bluetooth to connect to my laptop internet.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Lots of Nokia phones already have wifi capability such as the N80, N95, N82 etc etc. Most of the E series have wifi capability too. You just have to pick the correct models.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I know that we need to pick the right item, but some times we don't know item is right or not, only we will come to later if we see more righter item that our item doesnt have some features ! :-)

So now I am trying to fix this problem in my N73 which I bought some time back thinking this is right phone, so any body has any idea on how to make wi-fi capable on this phone so that I can make it right ? ;-)

- Dileep.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It is totally impossible to make the N73 wi-fi compatible.

It doesn't have the hardware and nothing can be added to it.

The N73 was released around 18 months ago which was before wi-fi was common in phones.

If you want wi-fi you need to buy a newer model, simple as that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
Oh ! So sad ! :-(

But I have an alternative, in which I can make N73 work like N73 wifi.

1. Buy a bluetooth dongle.
2. Connect the bluetooth dongle to your laptop and enable bluetooth in N73.
3. Get internet in N73 through laptop.
(More info : http://web.singnet.com.sg/~kinston/Bluetooth%20Internet.htm)

(Note: But question is, if I have laptop and that has internet in it, why do I need internet in my mobile? he he hee! I have answer for this in my next thread. --- "Fring(VOIP) with Nokia N series")

- Dileep.

Message Edited by dileepps on 24-Feb-2008 10:17 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I don't think that method works with the N73, but you can try it. I seem to remember it only works on really old S60v2 models like the N70, 6680 etc.

Obviously you will only be able to connect to your own computer and not to public wi-fi hotspots or wi-fi routers.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello, Can this work on N73??
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49723

It requires SD/IO slot??? Does N73 has it??? or is it planned for next firmware??
What Siggy!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rehankingrehan

Its Simple:smileyhappy:

Use a WLAN SD CARD

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

sent
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ahmedtolpe

Re: Wife in N73?

dileepps wrote:
Hello Champs,

Anybody has any idea of WiFi enabling in N73, I saw many threads saying Symbiosis OS doesn't support WiFi, but any new findings on this? We got new firmware update recently for N73, so does that make any changes to our earlier findings on WiFi in N73?

Nokia, Pl try to have a WiFi in your upcoming firmware updates. I had seen many minus with lot of plus in N73. Try to overcome al the issues noted by customers to save N series.

Thanks,
Dileep.

Also you can see my other topics,
1. Animated wallpaper for N-Series mobiles.
2. Animated SMS's for N-Series.
3. Nokia N-73 recording sucks !
4. How to connect N73 with my laptop using bluetooth.
5. WiFi in N73?

asasdadas

Please use plain text.