Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Wifi Connectivity on N8

Professor
Vaidovesta

Wifi Connectivity on N8

[ Edited ]

Greetings from South Africa.........

I saw some posts on this topic, with no solution and I am still having problems with my N8. I can connect to the WiFi Network successfully, but whenever I want to browse the web  or anything that requires Internet connectivity, it gives an error saying that the web page could have been moved or something (I am sure most of you guys have seen this screen before). Strange thing is my Laptop (Dell E6410) can connect and browse the Web without any hassles, tried restoring Factory settings, disconnected power save with no luck.

Please help guys?

Regards,

Vusi.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Vaidovesta,

Have you tried resetting your router?

If not then please reset the router and then give it a go on your phone. If you still get no luck then let me know.

Regards

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Registered Member
gfunk

try joikuspop wifi hotspot premium app from nokia app store it works ok and only the premium app has encryption so no one can steal your net connection ring your telecom provider for router settings and try to clear your rom memory and cache as this can slow your phone down and try closing all other windows/apps open once wifi is running hope that helps.

Professor
Vaidovesta

@Raoul_Duke

Thanks for your response, managed to connect , on destinations under settings, just add Proxy Server details (Using A Private Connection), then when trying to connect again, the Username and Password screen pops up, type in the Credentials and you're in.

For my Home Router, all is fine with the reset, you're the man, Kudos to you!!!!

One problem now, I can't seem to be able to connect my other apps that use Internet, e.g.. Software Updater, Map Loader, New Nokia Store and the likes, the only apps that work are Top Apps, Nat Geo, CNN, Al Jazeera and the likes......

Thanks for your help once again, Much appreciated.....

Regards,

V.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1