Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Will Nokia Belle Refresh Update come to Nokia 500 ...

Sage
Akash_satpathi
Accepted Solution

Will Nokia Belle Refresh Update come to Nokia 500 ?

Please tell me will Nokia Belle Refresh update come to Nokia 500.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Re: Will Nokia Belle Refresh Update come to Nokia 500 ?

[ Edited ]

Nokia have stated that new updates for older Symbian^3 devices will be released in the future.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

But will it release for Nokia 500 also ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Nokia 500 is a 1st gen. Symbian^3 device. So the answer is yes.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

Thanks 4 the info.... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

You are welcome!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
I_regrt_nok500

It's not 1st gen symbian device, it's latest symbian device with symbian belle OS. You get your facts straight. The updates are regularly released for all the devices nokia has released. So nokia 500 will get also at near future.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Are you 100% sure? To the best of my knowledge, nokia 500 is a first generation Symbian 3 device that is capable of running the latest Nokia Belle update smoothly. Also see http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/08/24/symbian-belle-the-facts-the-features-and-the-pictures/ at the end of the article

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I_regrt_nok500 wrote:
It's not 1st gen symbian device, it's latest symbian device with symbian belle OS. You get your facts straight. The updates are regularly released for all the devices nokia has released. So nokia 500 will get also at near future.

Now, now boys and girls. Let's not fall out over it. The 500 was released at the same time as the second generation 701 but came with Symbian Anna which was later upgraded to Belle. It has a 1 GHz ARM 11 CPU but only 256 MB of RAM. It doesn't have a 3D accelerated GPU. 

So, it's a bit of a hybrid device rather than being classed as first or second generation.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/08/01/launch-the-nokia-500-fast-light-and-multicoloured/

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/08/24/launch-nokia-701-the-brightest-screen-in-the-world/

They were not announced at the same time

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Although not released on the same day, they were released in the same month. The original 1st Gen Symbian ^3 phones were released in late 2010 / early 2011.

Cheers.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Belle-Feature-Pack-1-for-the-N8/m-p/...

It's known that Nokia Belle FP1 is available only for Nokia 603, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701 (and newer phones as well). Those devices that won't get the FP1 update are named '1st gen. S^3 devices' for all I know. That's what makes me say that Nokia 500 is a first generation S^3 device - because no massive updates will be available for it anymore.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Prakash_pbt

It's almost more than three month since fp1 released
when Nokia 500 will get like fp1
prakash
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Nokia 500 will not get that Feature Pack 1. However, other updates are coming soon. You have to be patient.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Prakash_pbt

If the updates are coming means where should I post my suggestion to that updates developers team
prakash
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AnupTheRaskal

Please use plain text.
Sage
Prakash_pbt

If I posted my suggestion for future updates in this forum will they consider
prakash
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AnupTheRaskal

Afaik, they do monitor suggestions and complaints. They did integrate video editor in C6-01 based on suggestions.

But will your suggestion finds a place in next update is totally dependent on feasibility, their decision and some more factors(like hardware limitations) like you may not expect flash player 11 on a phone having ARM11 processor. You should try though.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
papps193

I want to know when Nokia Belle Refresh will come in Nokia 500? Kindly specify some specifice date or month. Otherwise it looks like answer with no proper solution. Please reply me.

Parikshit Shah
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kanad93

Hi all. I just have one comment. Why does Nokia 500 always get step motherly treatment? Updates for other Belle phones are always released before Nokia 500. Why is that?
Please use plain text.