Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X2-00 video playback problem(NOKIA PPL PLZ GO ...

Counsellor
X2_MEN

X2-00 video playback problem(NOKIA PPL PLZ GO THROUGH THIS AS IT IS IMPORTANT)

guys, i hav nokia x2-00(s40v6).
When i convert videos to my
mobile, i get glitchy
or **bleep** sounds. There is no
prob for the video
but it happens only to the audio.
It always
happens when i set the audio
sample rate as
44100KHz. If i increase it to
48000KHz, the sound
is ok for about 10-20 mins but
the video and
audio sync wont be proper. Is
this a problem for
all the s40v6 sets ?
PS : I tried with many settings
even the lowest
**bleep** ones but still the problem
is based on the
sampling rate.
So guys, have anyone
experienced this before?
Wats the real problem ? And u
guys hav any sol
for this ? :-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Re: X2-00 video playback problem(NOKIA PPL PLZ GO THROUGH THIS AS IT IS IMPORTANT)

Use Format Factory softwar to convert videos for your phone. Select convert to mobile devices and select 320*240 resolution, mp4.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

Re: X2-00 video playback problem(NOKIA PPL PLZ GO THROUGH THIS AS IT IS IMPORTANT)

its not with the converter or video, its with the phone or FIRMWARE. I tried this on my friends x2 and it has the same prob. The problem is with 44.1khz sampling rate.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

Plz nokia experts, go through this matter. Its a serious issue. We cant watch movies on our mobile.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

X2_MEN wrote

happens when i set the audio
sample rate as
44100KHz. If i increase it to
48000KHz, the sound...........

Please use format factory and select  All to mobile devices, scroll to Nokia and select 
Nokia MP4 320x240 MPEG4, press ok, drag and drop the files to convers and at last copy them to your phone memory card.
Don't change any settings in Format Factory.
:smileyhappy: 

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

problem still persists. I cant watch movies on my x2. The movie gets really stucky and the sound gets broken after 25 or 30 mins. I think its firmware problem. Plz tell Nokia about this.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Backup your important data, and goto Nokia care for software update or reinstall.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

No luck and iam not going there again k :smileymad: Plz tell Nokia ppl to release new firmware to correct this problem :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ElroyJ

I have the same problem on my nokia x2-01.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

ITS THE PROBLEM WITH THE FIRMWARE AND NOKIA SHOULD FIX THIS ELSE WE CANT WATCH MOVIES IN OUR MOBILE. My doubt is do nokia know abt this problem ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

They will be observing and reporting issues to relevant departments.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

Lets Hope so :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
X2siva

Just connet ur X2 to UR pc  through Nokia suite..

after connecting that , send a video file that u want to view on ur device by right clikin on that file and then send to nokia device. Dont copy directly into ur memory card.:smileyindifferent:

Then u'll get a pop up menu sating that" DO U WANT TO VIEW THIS FILE ON UR NOKIA DEVICE?"

Then u should select "YES(RECOMM\ENDED)"

nOW U CAN watch ur selected video file... nokia driver has inbuilt video converter that'll convert video files automatically acording to ur device configuration.......

I hope it may help u....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

Nop the problem PERSISTS. Still the movies gets stucky and glitchy after 20-30 minutes :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

any help would be appreciated :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi X2_MEN,

Thanks for your contribution on the forum. Can you please download the windows application MediaInfo and get some specifications for video files you are trying to play?

The X2-00 can handle 3GPP formats (H.263), H.264/AVC, MPEG-4 and WMV video formats at 20fps but as it has hardware limitations it is not able to handle bitrates equal to those used on your PC. 

Let us know when you have more information,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

Tnx for the reply. :smileyhappy:

k here is the info :

VIDEO SETTINGS
Video Format: .3gp
Video Codec: H.263
Video Size: 320x240(qvga)
Bitrates: 256K
Frame Rate: 12Fps
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Zoom: Full (Keep Aspect Ratio)
Encode Mode: VBR

AUDIO SETTINGS
Audio Codec: libamr_nb
Sample Rate: 8000.
Bitrates: 12.2K
Channel: MONO

The audio is ok if i set the audio sample rate to anything OTHERTHAN 44100KHz. But even if its not set to that sample rate, the movie gets choppy and stucky after 20-30 mins.

Plz say that its the prob with the firmware :smileysad: as it has not been an year that i bought this phone + i cant afford a new one :smileysad:

plz tell it to the nokia ppl.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

i stated the media info above. Plz reply :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_MEN

A little Help PLZ :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Video Format: .MP4
Channel: STEREO or 2 channel.

As I said,

Please use Format Factory and select
All to mobile devices,
scroll to Nokia and
select Nokia MP4 320x240 MPEG. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.