Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X2-02 how to display contacts from telefon onl...

Contributor
dualsimlover
Accepted Solution

X2-02 how to display contacts from telefon only?

Hi there,

is is possible to limit the contacts display to the contacts stored in the phone only? If  i have contacts on my SIM cards and in the phone the contact display lists all of them. I couldn't find an option to limit the display to the phone storage only. So i see duplicates. This is anoying. Even my 6 year old 3110 classic can do this! Nokia - where have you hidden this option? Maybe someone can point out a solution.

Thanx

-dualsimlover

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X2-02 how to display contacts from telefon only?

Isn't there any Option under Contacts-->Settings ?? There must be some..Else, your major problem with Duplicate entries will be that the Caller ID will not work properly...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dualsimlover

farby wrote:

Isn't there any Option under Contacts-->Settings ?? There must be some..Else, your major problem with Duplicate entries will be that the Caller ID will not work properly...

Hi farby,
no - this option does not exist. I was expecting this exactly at the point of the menue you mentioned but there is none. Maybe Nokia has stripped S40 for the X2-02 too much.
Without this option the contacts view is pretty useless because i refuse to delete all my contacts from the SIM cards to circumvent this issue.
So back to the box and wait for the next model.
Thanx,
-simcardlover
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi dualsimlover,

If you want to use only the device memory for contacts you will have to set the saving location to the device memory first by setting the Menu>Contacts>More>Settings>Saving Memory option to 'Device'.

After this you will have to move all contacts from the SIM card(s) to the device using the Menu>Contacts>More>Move Contacts function.

As this will remove the contacts from the SIM card(s) it would be a good idea to keep a backup of your contacts on your PC using Nokia Suite

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@dualsimlover - If you are willing to do as suggested by KoshModerator , apart from a Back-up, also Sync the contacts in Nokia Suite. There are reports that sometimes the restore (of the back-up) doesn't work fine..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dualsimlover

Hi Kosh,

your solution would work as this is the only option left for this device. But i cannot understand why Nokia has removed this useful option that is present in other S40 models for years now.

Because i use my phone for business and private purposes deleting all SIM contacts is not an option for me because i must keep the contacts on the SIM in case of phone failure so i could switch to a different phone and continue my work.

My suggestion to Nokia would be to bring back this option in the next firmware update. This should be an easy task.

-dualsimlover

Please use plain text.
Rutili_cus

I also have the same problem. I am saving my contacts both to Sim and to phone Memory. but when I open the contact list, I see every name twice. I want to change the display "only sim" but nope. No chance. Nokia has removed this very useful and simply function after more than 20 years of mobile phone production. How come?
Please use plain text.