Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X2 GPRS settings - Subscribe to packet data error ...

Advisor
frankiew

X2 GPRS settings - Subscribe to packet data error message

I bought a new X2 a couple of days ago and am still unable to get online with it.  No-one seems to have the GPRS settings, they were never sent when the phone was first switched on.  I've spoken to vodafone twice who have only managed to send one message with a PIN but no settings and no-one at the shop has any idea either.

Anyone here have the settings either to send or enter manually?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X2 GPRS settings - Subscribe to packet data error message

Normally the settings are sent thru' an SMS and the user has to only select 'Save'.. and its done. Ask your operator once again to send.. or goto the operators site and you may get the details there for manual settings...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

Thanks,I know the settings  are normally sent through an SMS when the phone is first activated, but they weren't.

I've spoken to Vodafone twice and they have no settings for this particular phone, I guess it's too new.  They've sent the ones for an X6 at least twice but they never arrive so presumably they're not right.  I've also spent ages in the shop and they too have tried to send the settings from the Vodafone site, again at least twice and without success.  All that arrives is a text with a PIN to save but the subsequent messages with the actual setting never turn up.   The shop has also spoken to Vodafone who admit that they don't actually have any settings at all for this phone either available by sms or for manual entry.

I guess that means that at least for the time being the internet is a no go unless someone else has any ideas.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Where are you from ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

I'm in Hampshire in the UK, trying to get a Nokia X2 online with Vodafone PAYG

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

These are for X6 but you may try..

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/Nokia/X6/NokiaX6_WEB.pdf

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing that these are the settings that have been sent numerous times but never arrived. 

The X2 isn't a touch screen phone unlike the X6 which may be one reason.  I'm also guessing that the X6 is probably a 3G phone which the X2 isn't which may also be something to do with it.  However the X6 does seem to be the only X series phone which Vodafone have any setting for. 

I'm going to print out these settings and take them to the shop tomorrow as I have no idea about how to go about entering them manually and have no desire to b*gger things up further.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sucheee

I had the same problem, the vodafone configuration settngs for 5610 Express Music worked for me. You can get them sent by text. Follow the link below, select PAYM or PAYG and enter your mobile number on the next page to get the settings sent to you.

https://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/ota.php?ModelID=301&e=0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

As I've said we've tried this approach numerous times and the settings never come through.  Only the first message with the PIN arrives.

The shop are now going to replace both phone and sim and hopefully that will resolve the problem.  failing that i'll go for a different model phone

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gujjar789

Guys i sufferd the same pblm bt i gotta solution manualy,just we have to go 1st cnnectivity do setings manualy thr nd thn in cnfiguration personal seting same as in cnnectivity nd dlte then seting whch 4m cmpany restart u wl get
Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

gujjar789 wrote:
Guys i sufferd the same pblm bt i gotta solution manualy,just we have to go 1st cnnectivity do setings manualy thr nd thn in cnfiguration personal seting same as in cnnectivity nd dlte then seting whch 4m cmpany restart u wl get

Pardon???

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

hi guy,

X series is not very old model as we all know.So, few of them may not avavilable in operator's compatible handsets list,

But best is to ask them to send you other compatible s40 phone setting(you can mention midel no. as said above e.g, 5130, 5610, etc)

S60 phone configuration may not compatible with s40 phones.

since x6 is s60 5v phone, it is not necessary to send x6 configuration to x2 just because of same x series

not only in setting but in applications too, when search for an apps and you could not find compatible with your fone model(just in case) select other models with same os phone which are in the list. some work fine without any compatibility problem
Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

As I have repeated settings do not arrive when sent.  I am now waiting for a new phone and sim to see if these were the problem with the original pairing

Please use plain text.
dennisjp

Hi,

Just go to http://tweakker.com and use their free automatic GPRS setting service.

If you're having trouble just write their support and they will help you.

Cheers!

/Dennis

Please use plain text.
Advisor
frankiew

dennisjp wrote:

Hi,

Just go to http://tweakker.com and use their free automatic GPRS setting service.

If you're having trouble just write their support and they will help you.

Cheers!

/Dennis

Thanks but it looks as though this site just sends settings to your phone which doesn't work.

The new phone and sim are due at the shop any day now so hopefully then new ones will work.  If not I'll be looking at a different phone.

Please use plain text.
dennisjp

Actually I work there and we set up thousands of phones every day, we even help mobile users set up their phone gprs settings manually by pushing the GRPS setting directly to their mobile.

Anyways, if you need help just write a post in Tweakker forum. :smileyhappy:

Best

Dennis

Please use plain text.
khan08

[ Edited ]

Had the same problem,with the x2 PAYG on vodafone.The settings for the 5610 worked,also for me..Thanks also to the Vodafone customer support guys.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sam1253

I had the same problem.I went to the store but there isn't any use..

Guyssssss can anyone help me in changing the GPRS settings.

plzzzzzzz it's important

Please use plain text.
Sage
sharanukumar

Who told nokia x2 doesn't support gprs or online support ..

Am always using gprs in my nokia x2 ..and it works super fine for me ..

so you can ask your sim operator to send the settings of gprs for you and your done my dear friend..:smileyhappy:

Happy browsing..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Jacquelynn

I am unable to register on the Tweakker website. Is there any other way to get the information texted to me?
Please use plain text.