Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X3-02 Can you change a contact on an SMS before yo...

Advisor
Cosmo12
Accepted Solution

X3-02 Can you change a contact on an SMS before you send it?

I find I sometimes type an SMS and then select <CONTACTS> but inadvertantly hit the wrong contact --- the touch screen is rather sensitive. I can't find a way of changing the contact to the right person. I usually transfer it to <DRAFTS> in the hope that I may be able to deal with it there (that is, change the addressee) so I don't have to type it all out again, but it seems that it's not possible. So I end up just deleting it. So is there a way of changing the contact to a message if you make a mistake? I suppose I should select the contact first, and then type the message. However as the X3 gives you the option of writing a message and then sending it, it's normally what I do.  Grateful for any advice.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X3-02 Can you change a contact on an SMS before you send it?

While writing the message.. if you write something wrong, then what do you do ? Doesn't the same work if you select a wrong contact that you want to remove (erase..) ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Cosmo12

Nope. Once I type the message, if I have touched the wrong <CONTACT>, it loads and once on the message screen I can see no way of deleting /changing it to the name/contact I want. I have to scrap the whole message and start again, which is maddening. Surely there should at least be a way of saving the message and pasting it into a new message screen with the correct Contact. Other than that, I really like the phone. Neat, slim, does most things I want (except the above). 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Tap on the selected contact in the msg while u r composing it. It'll open the window and it'll allow u to add multiple contacts as well as change the existing ones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Cosmo12

Well look thanks for that. You are partially correct. I tried what you suggested, but nothing happens if I tap the screen while composing the message. HOWEVER, I now see that if I go to the next step and tap "Continue", tapping the address box then opens a green box with a check mark in it. If I tap that to remove the check mark and then tap "DONE",  I get options to "Add recipients", "Continue" or "Cancel". Tapping "Cancel" gives you the option of Saving or Deleting the message, or, of course, changing the recipient's name to the one I want.

It would have been nice if Nokia had mentioned this in the User Guide, or  perhaps offered an expanded guide on-line.

Thanks again for the advice. My problem is now solved.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.